Run over in the street

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

SmoknDmax

Run over in the street

Post by SmoknDmax »

Long story, but my U7185 handheld for the LLY fell out on the road and was apparently run over before I discovered it. The case is intact, but the LCD display is destroyed.

I had just returned the program back to stock, but I believe my tire size change is still in the truck as well as raising the speed limiter.

So, bunch of questions. Can the unit I have be repaired for a resonable cost? Does it need to be repaired or could I simply get another unit and all would be fine? If everything wasn't reset to stock, will there be any issues using a new handheld programmer?

My handheld was v2.0 and I bought it 2nd hand from another person. It has the Diablosport serial # on it and the box says it came from PDQ, but I do not have the original sales receipt.
mikel

RE: Run over in the street

Post by mikel »

This is curious, did you restore the factory tune, or was it the factory hp tune with changes made to it?
This is important as it will determine if another Predator will work or not.
I would suggest you fill out an RMA request form from our website and send the tool in for repairs.
I believe there will be a $99 charge.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
SmoknDmax

RE: Run over in the street

Post by SmoknDmax »

To be honest, I don't know for sure if I restored the factory tune. I thought that is what I did, but have no way to check right now. I am thinking that I returned it to factory tune w/ changes made to it. I am running LT265 tires now verses the stock Lt245. When I put them on, my speedo was off until I used the Predator to adjust tire size. I drove past a City Police radar sign today and my speed is spot on accurate. That leads me to believe I still have modifications loaded in to my truck w/ a stock HP tune.

I will go the RMA route, I didn't know if that was acceptable since the hardware is probably destroyed.