u7180 says "locked to another vehicle"............

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

wmcraig

u7180 says "locked to another vehicle"............

Post by wmcraig »

or so i was told, i have had this programmer in 1 truck for over 4 years, 03 gmc 2500hd dmax, i traded for an 07.5 a couple months ago and the night before i drove from savannah tn to louisville ky i returned the 03 back to stock to try and sell this programmer, i work on a towboat and am away right now, guy calls me up last night and says he saw it on craigslist and wants it. i told him he would have to do the swap with my wife, he said that was fine. he said he lives like 2 hrs away from savannah. ok, he showed up at 400pm did the swap and at 515 he calls me from his cell at wendys in sav and says its "locked to another vehicle".
im wondering if there is a way for me to figure out if he just put the tune on his truck and then just told me it didnt work, or if it really is still locked to my vehicle. and if so why is it still locked to my other vehicle. as u all know u can tell when its not installed and i was in my 03 truck for 5 hrs driving and it was def. back to stock tune.got my wife to check and it is my original box and programmer, or the sticker numbers match anyways and i took a closeup pic of serial number before i put it on craigslist. anyway i need to see what vin number it is "locked" to.
mikel

RE: u7180 says "locked to another vehicle"........

Post by mikel »

The OLDER U7180 models do not unlock themselves.

That tool would need to come back here for the $99 hardware upgrade to be updated to the latest hardware and software to allow it to work in another 01-04 Duramax truck.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com