06 LBZ u7186 issues

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

unltech

06 LBZ u7186 issues

Post by unltech »

We have a customer with a 2006 2500HD that is having some issues.

Even though the fuel mileage has improved, the transmission shifts rough, even after around 200kms and from what he says it gets worse from there. I know there is a re-learn process but one would think after 200km it should be good to go.

If he gets on the throttle when in 2nd gear, it coughs and sputters and if he lets off and gets back into it, it acts normal. I asked the obvious "how old is the fuel filter and it was supposedly replaced about a month ago.

I know its been just over a year since its been to GM for any factory updates.

This is also the 2nd unit he's tried in the truck. The original one was sent to you guys, and a replacement was sent back to him. Serial number of the current unit is 305575. It has 9r15 loaded into it.

Any insight?

Matt
mikel

Re: 06 LBZ u7186 issues

Post by mikel »

very strange. Lets try a relearn.

Have him load the tune, then go for a ride. Put the shifter in 'M' and go through the gears, slowly accelerate up to about 35-40 MPH and into 4th gear, then lift off the throttle, and click the downshift button 3 times to command 1st gear.
The trans will downshift through each gear quickly, and bring the vehicle almost to a stop.
The first few downshifts will be a little rough.
Repeat the process 2 or 3 more times, and you'll start to notice the manual upshifts to be smoother and smoother and the forced downshifts will get smoother as well.
I have dont this in our 06 LLY several times and it seem to allow the trans to learn rather quickly.

Take it for a normal spin in 'D' after this and let us kow how the trans feels.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com