Locked tuner

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Spitfire557

Locked tuner

Post by Spitfire557 »

Hello all! Sorry if this has been answered before, but I recently purchased the Predator tuner off eBay. I intended to use it in my '02 duramax, but when I went to try to install a tune yesterday, I got a message saying something to the nature of "This tool is locked to a different vehicle." I've done some reading around the forums, and I am fairly sure that I will need the vehicle that it is locked to in order to unlock the tool. If somebody can confirm, or correct (hopefully! :lol: ) my statement, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
mikel

RE: Locked tuner

Post by mikel »

Go to options/car tune and see what it says there...

If the backup was restored you can send it here to be unlocked for $99, if not, it can not be locked.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Machoosh

RE: Locked tuner

Post by Machoosh »

I'm guessing you bought the 7180 , if you wanna unlock the predator yourself pm me and i'll send you a program that well reset it or drop the saved vin. for FREE.
'06 GMC SLT LBZ, Stealth Gray, PPE Airbox mod., Cat. Convertor & muffler Removed ,Blocked & fingered, Manual High Idle , Cowl Induction Hood, XM-6CD-Bose Stereo, Garmin GPS ,BFG 285 A/T, Predator on 85hp
johan

Re: RE: Locked tuner

Post by johan »

Machoosh wrote:I'm guessing you bought the 7180 , if you wanna unlock the predator yourself pm me and i'll send you a program that well reset it or drop the saved vin. for FREE.
Can you send me that program too?
E-mail is in sig.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
haskinsb

help !

Post by haskinsb »

I locked myself out of my own tuner ... I need help reseting the tuner or erasing the vin... I used a different pcm to troubleshoot my car and then sent it back but I didn't reflash the pcm and now I'm locked out of my factory pcm and it is the same tuner I have used for the last year. I need the program you spoke of to reset it if you can email it to me please !!
haskins64d@hotmail.com
Thanks Bruce
dhardy1357

Post by dhardy1357 »

Machoosh wrote:I'm guessing you bought the 7180 , if you wanna unlock the predator yourself pm me and i'll send you a program that well reset it or drop the saved vin. for FREE.

can you send that my way too?
Machoosh

Post by Machoosh »

dhardy1357 wrote:

can you send that my way too?
e-mail is ?
'06 GMC SLT LBZ, Stealth Gray, PPE Airbox mod., Cat. Convertor & muffler Removed ,Blocked & fingered, Manual High Idle , Cowl Induction Hood, XM-6CD-Bose Stereo, Garmin GPS ,BFG 285 A/T, Predator on 85hp
bcox94

RE: Re: RE: Locked tuner

Post by bcox94 »

I would like to be able to unlock an old one from my 02 duramax which I put back to stock and install it on my 03 duramax I have now but it is showing that it has been locked to my 02 still. Do I have to send it in or how can I unlock it myself? My email is: brent.cox@wilsontrailer.com
Machoosh

Re: RE: Re: RE: Locked tuner

Post by Machoosh »

bcox94 wrote:I would like to be able to unlock an old one from my 02 duramax which I put back to stock and install it on my 03 duramax I have now but it is showing that it has been locked to my 02 still. Do I have to send it in or how can I unlock it myself? My email is: brent.cox@wilsontrailer.com
I sent you the program ....
planeswalker01

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Locked tuner

Post by planeswalker01 »

I am going to need that program too. I bought a predator off ebay for my 06 charger and didnt realize this whole locked business until i started reading around the forums today. I should get my predator either today or tomorrow in the mail. The car it came from was totaled so i am pretty doubtful that it was unlocked...

Thanks in advance

planeswalker1@gmail.com
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Locked tuner

Post by mikel »

planeswalker01 wrote:I am going to need that program too. I bought a predator off ebay for my 06 charger and didnt realize this whole locked business until i started reading around the forums today. I should get my predator either today or tomorrow in the mail. The car it came from was totaled so i am pretty doubtful that it was unlocked...

Thanks in advance

planeswalker1@gmail.com
Hate to say it, but that tool cant be unlocked...
If the car was totaled the original owner needs to contact us about unlocking it.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
shadyninja

Post by shadyninja »

Id love to see that program

shadyninja2@aol.com
Radar

Post by Radar »

I oredered a new one cause I couldnt get a friends U7186 to load into my truck. It was loaded and then unloaded from his old truck but the programmer kept telling us it was not authorized to use in that vehicle. Diablo said to hook it up and call them to tell them what code it gave in the display and they could help. If theres an easy way I'd like to know too. tbrooks51@cebridge.net Thanks
Unknown303

Post by Unknown303 »

What? there's a program to unlock them now. Only way i knew of was sending it commands to fool it into erasing the user data. Which is kind of a trick on its own.
MAXPOWER

Post by MAXPOWER »

If theres an easy way to unlock a used tuner, PLEASE let me know. I have an 03 Dmax and I want to buy the Predator tuner from my friend with the same truck (Not sure of model tuner yet). He is the original owner and user. He says he set the truck back to stock and installed the Edge....Thanks