Frank and Lew's GM Log Analyzer Available!

Questions and comments regarding the DiabloSport data logging tools.

Moderator: mikel

06MonteSS

Frank and Lew's GM Log Analyzer Available!

Post by 06MonteSS »

Hello all...

Well, I've been working with a GREAT guy named Frank on a new Windows app for going through our .csv log files. He is a super nice guy to work with, and created the actual app and all its complex programming and data-filtering logic himself... while I just needed to feed him info on the logs, their numbers, how I was doing my filtering in my macros, etc etc.. (I had the easy part!)

Gone are the days of manually going through your logs with my slow Excel macros... this new app - Diablosport Log File Data Reducer - takes your .csv log file, and after 2 clicks of the mouse, gives you your results in less than 8 seconds - even gives you the recommended adjustment to make to your injector slope to get your fuel trims in the recommended range.

Well, enough with my rambling, and onto the goods!!

You can get all the detailed info, with screenshots and the downloadable app, here:

http://www.dslogredux.com

Read all about the app at his site, and when you're ready to start playing, go to the download page to download your copy!!

BIG THANKS GO OUT TO FRANK!!! Frank, thanks man for doing all this, this is an excellent application that will make it a lot easier for everyone!! It's GREAT working with you, and thanks for bringing up the idea for this app in the first place!

-Lew
Last edited by 06MonteSS on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
04GTNNC

RE: Frank and Lew

Post by 04GTNNC »

Hey anyway to discuss some issues with the program? Im having some problems!
johnc

Post by johnc »

I believe their program is set up for GM parameters. In order to use it, you would have to export to excel and then rename the columns and convert the units to match what they are expecting to see. I'm sure Lew can provide more info.
johnc <at> diablosport.com
04GTNNC

Post by 04GTNNC »

Well i just about have the spread sheet set up for Ford parameters, Still stuck on the Accelerator pedal position conversion! Needs to convert from Angle/D to %. If anybody is interrested i will post the spread sheet when i finish it.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

see, it won't really work for you ford guys...

cuz we base the adjustment results on how much to adjust our "injector slope" parameter... you guys don't have that adjustment on Fords to adjust your fueling - do ya?.... so it's not really gonna work for ya...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
04GTNNC

Post by 04GTNNC »

We can adjust the fuel base in two seperate ranges (2k-4k) & (4k-red-line) is that not the same? Dont know im asking!
04GTNNC

Post by 04GTNNC »

Yea now im back to square one! lol I can adjust fuel base and Spark Advancement not slope! I do have a wideband AFR guage and i can use the dataview to see the data. So i guess ill have to keep reading the forum to get a clue on where I should start. So does the redux still hold true for the WOT burts and cruise data?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no, it's not the same... we have a single adjustment for "Injector Slope" - which adjusts our fueling for everything across the board... totally different from you guys...

do your logs report the AFR or Equivalence Ratio?? if not, then the app won't find your WOT run info, since we look for an AFR value of less than 14.75 and a commanded throttle position of more than 65%.

BUT... if you post up a .csv file/log, I can take a look at it for ya and tell ya what to adjust...

what is the parameter you guys use to adjust your fueling?
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

can you adjust your part-throttle fuel as well, or do you only have the adjustment for WOT Fuel??
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
04GTNNC

Post by 04GTNNC »

We can only adjust WOT Fuel And WOT Advancement! I will send you a .csv! i have a wideband 02 and im running mid 12 at wot wich is good for 1.2bars Atmosphereic pressure from what i read. but what can i do for part throttle? anything?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

nope - for your vehicle/application, you can't adjust anything for part-throttle fueling... sorry man...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
04GTNNC

Post by 04GTNNC »

thanks bro!
Egoresb

Re: Frank and Lew's GM Log Analyzer Available!

Post by Egoresb »

does this work with the intune? or has it not been updated to do so yet? im having trouble getting it to work with my 2001 sierra with the 4.8l. unsure if im doing something wrong or if its a compatability issue.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes it does...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

ok well ill attach a screen were you can see the error im getting even with the files that came with the program im getting the error.maybe someone could help looks like a very neat tool just need a lil tuning:p
Attachments
dslogreduxhelpplz.png
dslogreduxhelpplz.png (99.7 KiB) Viewed 21461 times