lost modified tune

Questions and comments specific to the DiabloSport Downloader application.

Moderator: mikel

d.gilcrease5

lost modified tune

Post by d.gilcrease5 »

so i have a dsp for my srt4 neon, i had it dyno tuned for e-85 now i have a issue i do not have the file its not on my dsp and i never backed it up.

i have the e85 tune on my ecu i want to back it up because i need to add a little fuel in some areas as i fixed a boost leak, my issue is i cannot find any way to copy my current tune in my ecu when i use the computer its trying to pull the last written tune from my dsp but its not there, it shows my last written tune was custom dsp e-85 tune

the question is how can i get my current tune out of the ecu? its married to my vin it should read it

i don't mind loosing the "factory tune" as i can never use it

can i reset the tool so it will try making a stock tune backup some how without un marrying it to my car i don't want to have to pay that 200 fee i seen they charge
mikel

Re: lost modified tune

Post by mikel »

if the custom tune is locked you may not be able to export it as a last tune written.

You can try reloading the custom tune then see if you can export a LTW, but ideally your tuner still has a copy of the tune he sent you and can make changes to that if needed.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
d.gilcrease5

Post by d.gilcrease5 »

My problem is my local tuner closed shop and is mia :( it is not locked i have pulled it and modified it before, it is just some how i erased it off the hand held. there really has to be some way to do it, i paid for the tune i paid for the turner the info is there but it dose not let me download it... or extract it if i reset the tuner would it copy my current tune thinking it was the original file? is there even a way to reset the tuner without loosing my vin info and my vehicle married status?

and i cant try to reload the custom tune because the file is mia off my tuner and i never made a laptop backup since i never thought any of this would be a problem
mikel

Post by mikel »

have you tried to export a copy of the last tune written?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
d.gilcrease5

Post by d.gilcrease5 »

yes i have, it shows last tune written custom_e85 but when i tried to export it it says no file, i must have deleted it off my hand held. i just need a way to get the tune out of the ecu, i was told that the dsp cannot due that even if i pay to un marry or re marry it to try and get it as a copy of my "stock tune" or if i even paid for a upgrade to the newer versions my current tune seems to be lost and un retrievable even tho its in my ecu right now!

i know my hp tuner will pull it out but then i would have to pay for dodge credits and at the point i would just end up dropping the dsp which i don't want to do real easy to make a quick adjustment

if i cant get the tune backed up im down 900 dollars for the current tune and dsp and i will need to either go to another tuning platform to retrieve it or spend another 4 or 500 on another dyno tune, this really sucks because it should not work like this but it is also my fault for not backing it up :(