U7135-application missing or corrupt

Questions and comments specific to the DiabloSport Downloader application.

Moderator: mikel

sniper226

U7135-application missing or corrupt

Post by sniper226 »

Received new U7135 with rev23 on it so I figured before I marry it to my Challenger, I will get the latest rev28 on it first with DS loader. Big mistake!
My unit is now somewhat bricked. I was able to determine with a call on how to switch DS loader into legacy mode in order to see the unit and begin the upload of the firmware. It gets about 1/2 through the upload (varies where) and then bombs with message of:

Download Failed
Transmission Failed

I have tried 3 different PC's (Win XP & 7) using a USB to db9 cable someone recommended that was using it with their DSP. I was using the Prolific drivers supplied from seller and these seem to work fine in regards to DS loader finding and communicating to the DSP.

I am a computer oriented person so I figured I would tweak the buffers on the serial port down figuring it was not handshaking or something properly. This has not worked either. I even tried the drivers you have posted and then had trouble seeing the unit. I am at a loss of what I can try next in order to be able to use my unit! Please help
sniper226

RE: U7135-application missing or corrupt

Post by sniper226 »

Just an update for anyone else having similar problems. Turns out it was the cable. I bought an IOGear branded USB1 cable on way home and it worked without a hitch. The cable I bought was one I got off Ebay cheap and it was branded as USB2. I may have not been using it on USB2 ports so that MAY have been the issue.

I am just happy not to have a bricked Predator anymore! :D
mikel

RE: U7135-application missing or corrupt

Post by mikel »

Good deal :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com