Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Ford Gas U7145 Tire\Wheel size change

U7145 Tire\Wheel size change

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi, I went from 235/55-17 to 235/50-18. So my question is do I need to change this in my tune? And what are the values I'm needing?
Thanks

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 pm

MattC74 wrote:
Hi, I went from 235/55-17 to 235/50-18. So my question is do I need to change this in my tune? And what are the values I'm needing?
Thanks

I think thats the same overall diameter. Best thing to do is go to the tirerack website and look-up the specs for the tire, you'll see "revs per mile". Then reload your tune, choosing modify before you install it and enable gear/tire change and change the revs per mile. The same size tires will have a slightly differant revs depending on the make/model of the tire, so its best to look it up on tirerack. GL

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Fun4me wrote:
MattC74 wrote:
Thanks

I think thats the same overall diameter. Best thing to do is go to the tirerack website and look-up the specs for the tire, you'll see "revs per mile". Then reload your tune, choosing modify before you install it and enable gear/tire change and change the revs per mile. The same size tires will have a slightly differant revs depending on the make/model of the tire, so its best to look it up on tirerack. GL

Cool thanks for the info.

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:32 am

In this tire size comparison guide tirewheelguide, you can find the best tires for your car.

Return to Trinity Ford Gas