Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Ford Gas T1000 and corrupt VIN

T1000 and corrupt VIN

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:37 pm

So, long story short- a few year’s ago, I was given a Trinity T1000 as a gift. Loaded the tunes, absolutely love them. After a week, I noticed the tuner would kill my battery overnight. I caught it randomly turning on one evening, truck being locked and keys not in the ignition. The next day I tried to switch tunes, and got a “corrupt or blank VIN” warning. Not that big of a deal, I called tech support and got it reset. Loaded the mpg booster tune and unplugged the tuner, and put it in my center console.

A month later I had to tow, so I tried to low the tow tune... corrupt VIN message again. I just kind of left it at that, but I’ll be towing again soon and as much as I’d like to get the tuner reset, I’d REALLY like a solution to the issue. I tried to call into tech support today, was on hold for an hour before I had to return to work. Not knocking them at all, I know they’re busy.

I notice there’s a memory card slot on the side of the T1000. I have a backup copy of my trucks original tune, could I load it to an SD card, insert that into the tuner and use it to restore my factory calibration? I need to reprogram my pcm and don’t want to lose the tube completely, and honestly it’s a hassle to have to call in and wait an hour for an unlock code to change the tune.

Thanks

Post Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:17 pm

what vehicle is this?
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 pm

mikel wrote:
what vehicle is this?

2011 f150 Ecoboost

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:20 pm

give us a call with the device powered up inthe truck and we should be able to get it to return to stock.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Trinity Ford Gas