monitering cam position

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

budlun

monitering cam position

Post by budlun »

Is there a top and bottom you could suggest for the cams positions when setting up a gauge.The gauges I use go from -500 through+700 something degrees. I just like to see what they are doing as I go through the RPM range, so maybe I can learn a little about what's going on. I'm not going to change their positions, just want to understand the system and why it does what it does and try to see how much they are really moving in relation to the crank. This probably sounds stupid, sorry, but it is important to me. Also I would love to try the ghost cam tune, if possible. Thanks Bud Lum. Last written tune is;
Attachments
PCM_FSDL5A8.frg
(1015.99 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
dynotune_steeda_O2.frg
(763.48 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
budlun

Re: monitering cam position

Post by budlun »

you my need this one instead of the original backup which I got mixed up and sent you, sorry again!
Attachments
Dynotune.frg
(1015.97 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
dynotune_steeda_O2.frg
(763.48 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
budlun

Post by budlun »

Is anyone out there?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Im not sure what to recommend for a high and low value, best bet would be to drive around logging for a few minutes, and then open the log in DV, and you'll see the min and max values for those PIDs, from there, you'll have an idea of where to set them :)

Ghost cam and auto dont go together, its a manual only thing unfortunately ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
budlun

Post by budlun »

Sounds like a good idea, it just seems to move as much as over 800 degrees, and that can't be right. I'll do some data logging with a different gauge and see if I can figure it out. As for the ghost cam , I kinda like to hide that hot rod sound anyway so no big deal. I just wanted to hear it myself, thanks Mike, Bud Lum
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

The pid isn't reading right I'll have to look into it.
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
budlun

Post by budlun »

That sounds like a plan to me. They only move 50 degrees, so I was wondering what was going on. I can get an idea of when they seem to want to change, but the move so fast with it showing over 800 degrees I am lost as to how much. They both retard on WOT from idle,strange, maybe not. It's like they were reading backwards. Thanks for your feedback, Bud.