Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Ford Gas 2015 F150

2015 F150

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

Post Fri May 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Just bought a 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost, was searching around to find a good tuner for it. I found some less popular brands for it, but I've always wanted something from Diablosport. I've searched the site for other threads about this, couldn't find any. Anyone know a timetable for when tunes will be available for it?

Post Mon May 04, 2015 11:42 am

I have one coming intomorrow for tune development, should be in the next 10-14 days :)
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon May 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Awesome! If I put a cold air intake and Exhaust on my truck later on, how much do you think it would effect the stock tunes? Can't wait to give it a try though!

Post Fri May 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Actually, I'm not quite sure how any of this works, I know you said 10-14 days for the tune, but I can buy the tuner now and just load the tunes onto it when they are made, correct? That's how I would assume it'd work at least, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Post Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 am

We'll make some noise once they are supported, any tool can be updated at that point.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Wed May 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Roiceed wrote:
Actually, I'm not quite sure how any of this works, I know you said 10-14 days for the tune, but I can buy the tuner now and just load the tunes onto it when they are made, correct? That's how I would assume it'd work at least, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Yes you can buy the tool now and load the updates onto it once released.
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.

Post Wed May 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Yes you can buy the tool now and load the updates onto it once released.

Alright, Thank you. I bought it today, can't wait to get those tunes!

Post Thu May 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Are you guys running into issues? Thought this would of been out last week? I'm not being a pecker head, Just wondering. :roll:

Post Thu May 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Just getting stuff built and tested in house, tunes are done :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Thu May 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Oh boy oh boy, can't wait to be able to download them!

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:26 am

Roiceed wrote:
Oh boy oh boy, can't wait to be able to download them!

Make sure your tool is fully updated before loading this. Then once all that is finished, hit update tool on DSDL and select this file. Then select the vehicle with tool and you'll be supported.

When it goes to read or download backup, select download. It'll save a lot of time.
Attachments
trinity_ford_can_gas-1t13ej_update.crom
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Thank you, I loaded it. It worked pretty good. I couldn't get the the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times to work, but I can feel a difference, especially in the shifting.

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:25 am

Actually, I just went back out to my truck to move it into the driveway, had the 87 tune on it. Pulled it in, then lost all throttle in it. Wouldn't move forward at all, put it in part and it wouldn't rev at all. So I returned it to the original settings and it worked fine again, actually it even seemed more peppy then the tunes on it. Maybe I did something wrong? Or are these still the test tunes for the truck? Either way I figured I'd give you some feed back on it.

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:09 am

Any check engine light? Wrench light? Did you check for any codes? I've had these tunes in trucks for some time now.

Best thing I could say is that to load the tune again and see if it does it again. In the event it does I'll need the last tune written from the tool and any codes it may have thrown by reading the dtcs. Also did you modify the tune with the tool in any way?
Also change the trans temp gauge on the dash to the boost gauge and you'll see the difference.
The 0-60 issue is probably from incorrect vehicle being selected in the tool as I tested it all prior but anythings possible. Could you go to options - troubleshooting - show calibration Id and tell me what it says?

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:21 pm

I don't have a boost gauge on my truck, I was hoping I could see boost via the tuner. When I selected vehicle, I chose 2015 ford f150 3.5L ecoboost. But when I was choosing the tunes it kept telling me 2011-2014 f150, it wouldn't say 2015. And yes I modified it, but the only thing I did was try and turn the speed limiter off. Next time I load it, I can try it without turning the speed limiter off, since it didn't really turn off anyways, it just raised it to 125.

Another thing I noticed was at one point the transmission Guage didn't read, but it came back within 5 minutes.

I did not see any lights pop on. No check engine or wrench lights. I'll let you know after I get off work, I'll try and re select the vehicle and start over.

Thank you for your feedback

Next

Return to Trinity Ford Gas