TuningSuperStore.com

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

chenko24

TuningSuperStore.com

Post by chenko24 »

I'm thinking of using these guys. They do custom tunes for Diablo Trinity. $125 for one and $175 for two... I'll get the 87 and 91 octane tunes. But thought I'd see if anyone used them.

thanks,
06MonteSS

Re: TuningSuperStore.com

Post by 06MonteSS »

I don't even know if he still does it anymore.. it's been years since I've heard of him doing anything.. you should email him from his site and make sure..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yup, Mike is still tuning ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Yup I swapped emails with him today.

Mikel you know who he is and I'm assuming you approve? Nothing to worry about with them?

thanks in advance for the help guys I greatly appreciate it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Hes a good guy, I keep in touch with him off the grid ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

So far the tune hasn't impressed me. Throttle response doesnt seem to have improved like I thought it would..and I now have a P0246 code wastegate A hi... also get a chuggy/hesitation at around 4000rpm in 3rd to 4th...when I try to give it a harder acceleration... TSS says he will look into it tomorrow.. I'm worried my wastegate is damaged. But I don't know enough about this stuff to be sure. Mike any thoughts? TSS thinks he can make some changes to the tune to correct this...and said the wastegate should be fine... I really hope it's that easy. after the second of chuggy/hesitation the truck seems to pull strong though... I was on a work trip and drove 250km back home.. loaded the canned 91 back in and still had the same result.. but the truck hummed along at 120kph all the way home and seemed to be good... When I got home I checked again and P0246 code was there. so I have loaded the stock tune back in and tomorrow I'll doa highway run and see how it works and if the code comes back. at no point did I get a check engine light...thought it was wierd it didn't come on. I just happen to check to see if it threw a code out of the blue after I felt the hesitation.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

chenko24 wrote:So far the tune hasn't impressed me. Throttle response doesnt seem to have improved like I thought it would..and I now have a P0246 code wastegate A hi... also get a chuggy/hesitation at around 4000rpm in 3rd to 4th...when I try to give it a harder acceleration... TSS says he will look into it tomorrow.. I'm worried my wastegate is damaged. But I don't know enough about this stuff to be sure. Mike any thoughts? TSS thinks he can make some changes to the tune to correct this...and said the wastegate should be fine... I really hope it's that easy. after the second of chuggy/hesitation the truck seems to pull strong though... I was on a work trip and drove 250km back home.. loaded the canned 91 back in and still had the same result.. but the truck hummed along at 120kph all the way home and seemed to be good... When I got home I checked again and P0246 code was there. so I have loaded the stock tune back in and tomorrow I'll doa highway run and see how it works and if the code comes back. at no point did I get a check engine light...thought it was wierd it didn't come on. I just happen to check to see if it threw a code out of the blue after I felt the hesitation.

what vehicle is this on?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

2012 f150 ecoboost. Bullydog cold air and 4" mbrp cat back. Tss tells me they are in contact with diablo to figure it out. ... I ran on stock tune today. Cleared code ran it through easy and hard acceleration. After work did it again. Seemed strong didn't seem to have any issues. .. then checked fir code and had the P0246 code again. Cleared it and driving it with stock tune. 91 octane in tank.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

have you tried the 91 tune that comes in the tool? the diablo tunes?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

I get the code with tune and now without. As in stock. Just drove 200 km to another town today and tried the mpg tune. Same result and my milage didn't improve one bit. Right now I'm very disappointed in the diablo product.. but I'm hoping someone can help turn that feeling around. I'm mean there is a chance it's coincidence that the P0246 waste gate code is acting up now but I don't know. In your opinion could I have a faulty waste gate or wiring ? Sucks I paid like 600 for the tuner before and then over 200 for the custom tune and I'm not seeing a positive difference that makes it worth it. As well putting the exhaust on knowing I'll get the custom tune to help looks to be a 900 waste as well now. Please help a brother out!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

chenko24 wrote:I get the code with tune and now without. As in stock. Just drove 200 km to another town today and tried the mpg tune. Same result and my milage didn't improve one bit. Right now I'm very disappointed in the diablo product.. but I'm hoping someone can help turn that feeling around. I'm mean there is a chance it's coincidence that the P0246 waste gate code is acting up now but I don't know. In your opinion could I have a faulty waste gate or wiring ? Sucks I paid like 600 for the tuner before and then over 200 for the custom tune and I'm not seeing a positive difference that makes it worth it. As well putting the exhaust on knowing I'll get the custom tune to help looks to be a 900 waste as well now. Please help a brother out!

there HAS to be something going on with your truck. there are thousands of people with these tools and LOVING them. no custom tunes needed. if you return the tool to stock and there is still a code popping up than there is something wrong. here is what i suggest. return to stock if not already. take truck to ford and play dumb. tell them its showing a code. (no they cannot tell it has been tuned) and have them look at it. and let me know what they say. it might just be a bad part that is causing all of this.
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Matt that's is exactly the reply I was looking for. Thanks for replying. I was thinking the same thing. The disappointed part is the mpg tune really didn't give me better fuel mileage. The average used was the same as no tune or the 91 tune. But with that said I'll pull the tune out and take it to Ford. I do have power train warranty still.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

chenko24 wrote:Matt that's is exactly the reply I was looking for. Thanks for replying. I was thinking the same thing. The disappointed part is the mpg tune really didn't give me better fuel mileage. The average used was the same as no tune or the 91 tune. But with that said I'll pull the tune out and take it to Ford. I do have power train warranty still.
the mpg is weird. i'll give you that. i JUST did one this week and there was no denying it. i drove it for 170 miles one way and it got 19 mpg on the way there. then i put the tune in it and drove it the 170 miles back (in fl so flat land) and got 22 mpg. but some people do report they dont see much gains. i dont really have an answer for this. i would say half of those people are not getting better cause they are playing with the new power but i cant say all are that way. get the truck looked at and then we will go over everything
:mrgreen:
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

So I dropped by Ford today... told them I got the P0246 Code said I had some wierd hesitation at about 4000rpm to get up to highway speed. They said its an electrical issue and to bring it in Tuesday morning. Only problem is I have Powertrain Warranty and nothing else... so the bill is mine. :cry: But after some research I didn't find a whole lot infact very little. But I did come to this conclusion... It has to be a faulty wastegate solenoid. So Ebay has them for $30cdn..... I get a discount at the Ford dealership so the part cant be more than $50 here in town. the daig will cost me $75 to 100 ish on Tuesday alone... never mind parts and labor. So my thoughts are I buy the part and install it myself and see if that solves the problem. If Ford or the other parts store have the part I'll have it done and I'll know by either tomorrow night or Saturday. Problem solved I cancel appointment and if not then I let them have the truck to look at it.

I checked to see if the solenoid was unplugged or dirty and it was plugged in and looked to be very clean.... it is a new motor with only 10,000km on it....Hell with that said I'm suprised I'm having the issue... I think my logic is on the right track.. ford says electrical code... so in my mind it has to be a faulted solenoid. Do you agree in that train of thought?

The question I have is would TSS have made any setting changes in my programming that could have fried or stressed the solenoid outside its limits??? If so shit happens and its not an expensive part but TSS should know so they can ensure it's adjusted so it doesnt happen again. I know when we are doing this sort of thing its a bit of a risk and what not, I just want it figured out and then make sure we get things back in line so it runs like a champ. :D I'm going to email TSS and ask them if that could be the case.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

chenko24 wrote:So I dropped by Ford today... told them I got the P0246 Code said I had some wierd hesitation at about 4000rpm to get up to highway speed. They said its an electrical issue and to bring it in Tuesday morning. Only problem is I have Powertrain Warranty and nothing else... so the bill is mine. :cry: But after some research I didn't find a whole lot infact very little. But I did come to this conclusion... It has to be a faulty wastegate solenoid. So Ebay has them for $30cdn..... I get a discount at the Ford dealership so the part cant be more than $50 here in town. the daig will cost me $75 to 100 ish on Tuesday alone... never mind parts and labor. So my thoughts are I buy the part and install it myself and see if that solves the problem. If Ford or the other parts store have the part I'll have it done and I'll know by either tomorrow night or Saturday. Problem solved I cancel appointment and if not then I let them have the truck to look at it.

I checked to see if the solenoid was unplugged or dirty and it was plugged in and looked to be very clean.... it is a new motor with only 10,000km on it....Hell with that said I'm surprised I'm having the issue... I think my logic is on the right track.. ford says electrical code... so in my mind it has to be a faulted solenoid. Do you agree in that train of thought?

The question I have is would TSS have made any setting changes in my programming that could have fried or stressed the solenoid outside its limits??? If so shit happens and its not an expensive part but TSS should know so they can ensure it's adjusted so it doesnt happen again. I know when we are doing this sort of thing its a bit of a risk and what not, I just want it figured out and then make sure we get things back in line so it runs like a champ. :D I'm going to email TSS and ask them if that could be the case.

man i would argue with that one. the waste gate solenoid is part of the turbocharger system which is part of the engine. that is complete bullshit they wont fix it. and i worked at ford for years. i know. you would have to send me the custom tune they sent you and i can look at it compared to what ours has to see what they changed. you can post it up here or you can email it to me (matthewKesatie@holley.com)

im not sure i would just order a part and toss it on there. i might still have them look at it and at least diag it. after i threw a fit cause they are not guaranteeing something they should. or you could take a gamble and toss the solenoid on there and reset the battery and see what happens.