Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

budlun

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Post by budlun »

Since I know I have good 93 octane fuel, I logged with the first Steeda CAI tune file you sent me. Maybe this will b better. I hope so. I want my car to b right so we can get the tune right. If this doesn't work , I'll use the second one with the timing retarded. I would like to think my car is like everyone else's. If not the tune for mine won't work on other cars. I just got this car and it may have had some regular 87 octane fuel left in it when I filled it up the first time. Now I know it has had two tanks of 93 octane with no ethanol. The first log, I thought it had good fuel in it , but it had 1/4 tank of 87 probably, cause the dealer filled it up before I picked the car up. I bet they put regular 87 octane in it. These logs should look better. Thanks, Bud.
Attachments
C.LOG
(49.39 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
BC.LOG
(13.27 KiB) Downloaded 700 times
B.LOG
(17.7 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
A.LOG
The first couple of minutes were just warming the engine up some. It may not look as good as the others because I just flashed it and started it up and started logging before it got warmed up.
(289.52 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

these look a lot better but you mentioned you were running ethanol free gas? the tune appears to be rich wich would indicate that but i want to make sure you plan on using this fuel in the future before i go and start leaning things out. let me know and i'll get you a revision. timing needs tweaked a bit but its not knocking its ass off any more. 8) what do you mean by all the lights come on? that one is new to me.
budlun

Post by budlun »

DiabloMatt wrote:these look a lot better but you mentioned you were running ethanol free gas? the tune appears to be rich wich would indicate that but i want to make sure you plan on using this fuel in the future before i go and start leaning things out. let me know and i'll get you a revision. timing needs tweaked a bit but its not knocking its ass off any more. 8) what do you mean by all the lights come on? that one is new to me.
I will be using the same fuel from now on. (as long as it is available there is only one place that I know of around here to get it) The lights on the end by the push buttons, red, yellow, and green, they all come on at once when I get to 70 MPH. I can live with it , I just don't remember it doing that before. Is this normal, maybe some kind of safety feature. I have another Trinity, I may just try it and see what happens. Thanks, Bud.
budlun

Post by budlun »

Do I need to do some more logging with 93 octane WITH ethanol to get a tune for the Steeda CAI? I would rather have a tune without ethanol, but if you need me to, I will run this gas out and get some with ethanol. I know I have been waiting for years on a canned tune for this CAI. I'm sure there are other people that would like to have one also. I'll do what I can to help get this tune for the Trinity so it will be on the next update. Thanks, Bud Lum
sohfast94

Post by sohfast94 »

budlun wrote:Do I need to do some more logging with 93 octane WITH ethanol to get a tune for the Steeda CAI? I would rather have a tune without ethanol, but if you need me to, I will run this gas out and get some with ethanol. I know I have been waiting for years on a canned tune for this CAI. I'm sure there are other people that would like to have one also. I'll do what I can to help get this tune for the Trinity so it will be on the next update. Thanks, Bud Lum
Which tune are you running currently? The universal 100mm 93? Also the issue here is because you're running fuel that is not for road use, it's for recreational vehicle use. There is a tune for that intake and its the universal 100mm intake tune. It has always been there. The stoich point needs to be changed for the fuel you are running...
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

so apparently this thread go buried.

i can set the tune up however you want. why are you against the ethanol gas out of curiosity? the entire fuel system is built for it so im not sure why its and issue. but honestly it doesn't matter which you use. i just have to set the tune up for it. if we do the ethanol free gas and its tuned for it and you decided to drive where and cant find it you may have to switch back. i can send you one for each if you want?

and for reference the 100 mm cai tune IS for a steeda intake but steed would not let us market it as such so we have to rename it. i got you a custom tune hopeing to go above an beyond the canned tune that was already on the tool.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

here is one of each. you should be good to go now :)
Attachments
PCM_FSFD1AA_steeda ethenol free.frg
(790.16 KiB) Downloaded 698 times
PCM_FSFD1AA_steeda ethenol.frg
(790.16 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
budlun

Post by budlun »

DiabloMatt wrote:here is one of each. you should be good to go now :)
Thank you so much, Bud
budlun

Post by budlun »

ethanol is corrosive for one. Also you will get better MPG with ethanol free fuel. In south Arkansas Lion Oil will mix the fuel The way the customer want's it. I have a friend that works there and he says the ethanol is used to raise the octane. I don't know, but he does. These are some of the reasons I don't like to run it. You could possible get a little more power out of the mixed fuel, but I have to drain ethanol out of my drag car or it will cause all kinds of corrosion, but that is all ethanol. I don't want to put something in my car that is bad for the fuel system or anything else. Thanks for your help, you asked why I would rather not run any ethanol , these are some of the reasons. :D Thanks again , Bud Lum.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

budlun wrote:
ethanol is corrosive for one. Also you will get better MPG with ethanol free fuel. In south Arkansas Lion Oil will mix the fuel The way the customer want's it. I have a friend that works there and he says the ethanol is used to raise the octane. I don't know, but he does. These are some of the reasons I don't like to run it. You could possible get a little more power out of the mixed fuel, but I have to drain ethanol out of my drag car or it will cause all kinds of corrosion, but that is all ethanol. I don't want to put something in my car that is bad for the fuel system or anything else. Thanks for your help, you asked why I would rather not run any ethanol , these are some of the reasons. :D Thanks again , Bud Lum.

well it is but all the new cars are designed with all stainless steel and plastic parts so there isnt anything to really corrode. yes the e10 definitally has a little bit more octane in it but you are correct the straight up gas gets better mpg. either way you can run either one of those tunes depending one which one you need to use. if you need anything changed just me know. you can also email me if you need it sooner. matthewkesatie@holley.com
budlun

Post by budlun »

DiabloMatt wrote:
budlun wrote:

well it is but all the new cars are designed with all stainless steel and plastic parts so there isnt anything to really corrode. yes the e10 definitally has a little bit more octane in it but you are correct the straight up gas gets better mpg. either way you can run either one of those tunes depending one which one you need to use. if you need anything changed just me know. you can also email me if you need it sooner. matthewkesatie@holley.com
Thanks Matt.
budlun

Post by budlun »

Sorry I haven't been on this forum in a while due to illness. Need a little help. 2013 mustang gt. A log is leaving the house and just playing at different driving styles to try and get information that you might can use and log B is normal town driving. I have the 93 octane with ethanol tune that we were working on b4 I got I'll in it and no x-pipe (PCM_FSFD1AA_STEEDA.frg). The tune is awesome but have a surge problem at part throttle. It is worse when its not up to running temp. I did turn the part throttle shift points up 3 or 4 mph. I also turned the top end limiter off cause it shut down at 155. I thought it was turned off with the 93 octane tune already. Can you check the logs and help me out or do I need to do some different logging? Only interested in 93 with ethanol steeda CAI for now. I would like to have an x-pipe tune also. This tune you gave me last time is really good except for the surging at part throttle. The universal tune isn't even close to the all out performance of it. When you get time, please let's try and smooth it out. I'll be glad to beat on my car till it's perfect. It's real close now. Thanks for your devotion to tuning all these cars and for making mine so fast. Bud
Attachments
B.LOG
(243.17 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
A.LOG
(240.88 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
PCM_FSFD1AA_steeda ethenol.frg
(790.16 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Last edited by budlun on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
budlun

Post by budlun »

Forgot to let you know Im still using v.1r13r. I am going to update now. Thanks