Shift trouble

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

budlun

Shift trouble

Post by budlun »

I like my car to shift hard. Its a2013 mustang.sometimes when I turn up the pressure it flairs up between 3 and 4 shift. I have two T1000s and they both do it. sometimes it will shift fine when I turn it up and never has a problem. Other times it acts up and does it every time, till I change the tune. Is there certain guidelines for the amount of pressure you put on each gear? should they all be turned up the same amount? I've been going to 160 for first to second, 140for second to third and so on,going down 20 on each gear. I have done it many different ways and it usually works great. Just wondering if I turned them all up to 160 if it would work better.I don't know how much pressure 160 is. Is it 160psi? surely not. I don't think it needs a lot of pressure in the higher gears. Got any guidelines or info that might help me understand how much pressure I'm really putting on it? I can always make it work , so far anyway, just by changing the pressure up some. Also what would be a safe number to start with. On my last mustang I turned it up all the way on the first shift and droped it 30, 50, and so on as the gearswere taller and a hard shift might not be worth any performance gains , but probably harder on the trans.It worked great. Whats your thoughts on the firm shift option ? Bud Lum
mikel

Re: Shift trouble

Post by mikel »

we'd need to see logs of the event and the corresponding tune that was loaded to say what is happening when it flares.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
budlun

Re: Shift trouble

Post by budlun »

OK. I'll reflash and put what I like in and see if it acts up again. It does ok without modifying shift pressure. Still surges till about 3000 RPM. I will send you a log or two when I get some dry weather. It's been raining for weeks. Supposed to quit tomorrow. Is there any reason not to turn the pressure up to 160 on all shifts. Thanks Mike :D