In need of tuning guidance for gt350 intake manifold and thr

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

Hyespy007

In need of tuning guidance for gt350 intake manifold and thr

Post by Hyespy007 »

Hey guys, I really need help with getting the proper tune for my 2016 mustang gt. I installed the gt350 intake manifold with its throttle body and gt350 jlt intake. I'm using my trinity 1000 with pretuned jlt 91 octane tune, but I am getting surging issues and idle issues due to the throttle body. I guess it needs to be remapped? I know Lund racing and Bama have already developed a tune but they require me to purchase their tuner when I already have this which costs much more as you know. Any input will help me out. Currently my check engine is on along with the wrench on first start up. It runs decent when it gets going but definitely needs adjustments. I'm getting an unknown error code and p2006 and p2007 intake manifold codes. It says runner control stuck.
DiabloMatt

Re: In need of tuning guidance for gt350 intake manifold and

Post by DiabloMatt »

your going to need a custom tune for that setup for sure. i have done a few of them but they require some work.

email me i'll see if i can help. mkesatie@powerteq.com
Hyespy007

Post by Hyespy007 »

OK guys I officially think diablosport and this trinity is garbage. I'm gonna sell this shit and go to Lund racing. I don't think this is worth the time nor the money. Matt tried helping with 6 different tunes, but that did nothing. My car is still surging and even before it made my car run nasty compared to stock. Thanks for not helping much and making things difficult, no wonder why people think this product sucks. Makes me think you guys here don't know much about tuning?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Sir, i wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.
Let it be noted that Matt offered you what is normally a paid service, for free, as an option to help you out.
I'm sorry you feel his free assistance was not enough, but these are not super simple changes to dial in.

In searching this subject, I see others complaining about surging, using the tunes from the other guy you mentioned, so it just needs to be dialed in which can take some time and attempts remotely. Put that car in front of Matt and it will be driving perfectly in an hour, remote tuning dirvability issues is never the easiest to dial in.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

And just to add more to this, Matt drives and tunes a 1300 rwhp F1X powered Coyote, and has tuned several other highly modified Coyotes, as well as all manners of Fords from ecoboosts to big V8s, I promise you, he knows more about Ford tuning than most have forgotten.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Hyespy007

Post by Hyespy007 »

I appreciated Matts help until he left me hanging. Still I want to thank him for trying. I was willing to pay if you can make it work. I understand it can be complicated but if you guys work on cars like that then this should be a lot easier no? I'm hearing that many people are going over to the other tunes after experiencing what I did actually. What do you want me to think or do when my car runs like shit and we tried 6 different tunes and logs of all. And yet I'm still at square one. It's frustrating
mikel

Post by mikel »

I cant see how others are reporting similar issues as we rarely offer to custom tune a vehicle for someone.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Hyespy007

Post by Hyespy007 »

Similar issues as in the surging from using the trinity with either a tune from you or Bama.
Hyespy007

Post by Hyespy007 »

And if you guys have tuned for this setup as Matt told me as well on a daily why can't you simply just send the same tune? It's the same car and same situation.
mikel

Post by mikel »

If it were that easy, it wouldn't be called custom tuning, and everyone would have one file that just worked ;)
There are lots of variables that come into play, hence the need to custom tune these types of mods.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com