Any Information PCM "mgm####"

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

DeuceDaTruf

Any Information PCM "mgm####"

Post by DeuceDaTruf »

I have tried to get my car tuned or at least read. I understand Ford probably locked it when I got it tuned by Roush via the factory. Does anyone know if any devices are able to retain my factory Roush tune and get a new tune?

Car:
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/Roush Stage 2 installed at the dealer.

I am at a loss:

mgm####(PCM Serial #) for ford_can_gas at 1r13r

Got this from Diablo just now when trying to update. I bought HP Tuners and DiabloSport Tuners now and HP Tuners was not able to read M code PCMs. I assume Diablo cannot either.

Basically I want to get it tuned and still have the option to return to factory.
mikel

Re: Any Information PCM "mgm####"

Post by mikel »

My understanding is they are locked and cant be tuned.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DeuceDaTruf

Post by DeuceDaTruf »

Hmm. A buddy told me VMP is able to tune the PCMs. I guess I could call and ask them the very same question. Unfortunately, that would also require purchase of a new tuning device even if they could.

Other then that, I'd probably need a new computer huh? :drivingbad:
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

to answer your question, no no one can tune the roush tune. its encrypted. anyone that tunes these aftermarket such as VMP, PBD, and myself, just erases the pcm and flashes it back to a stock cal and you tune from there. there is no real way to go back to the roush cal unless you physically re-flash the pcm back to the roush. hope this helps.
DeuceDaTruf

Post by DeuceDaTruf »

DiabloMatt wrote:to answer your question, no no one can tune the roush tune. its encrypted. anyone that tunes these aftermarket such as VMP, PBD, and myself, just erases the pcm and flashes it back to a stock cal and you tune from there. there is no real way to go back to the roush cal unless you physically re-flash the pcm back to the roush. hope this helps.
This is what i am asking. Can the file be saved and flashed back to stock so that I can retain the tune for later. If so what are the options for Diablo tuning remotely. The physical device does not have a stock tune to flash back to. I simply want to save what I already have which none of the handheld tuners seem to be able to do.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Hes telling you that its not possible to do that.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

DeuceDaTruf wrote:
DiabloMatt wrote:to answer your question, no no one can tune the roush tune. its encrypted. anyone that tunes these aftermarket such as VMP, PBD, and myself, just erases the pcm and flashes it back to a stock cal and you tune from there. there is no real way to go back to the roush cal unless you physically re-flash the pcm back to the roush. hope this helps.
This is what i am asking. Can the file be saved and flashed back to stock so that I can retain the tune for later. If so what are the options for Diablo tuning remotely. The physical device does not have a stock tune to flash back to. I simply want to save what I already have which none of the handheld tuners seem to be able to do.

mike is correct. the file cannot be saved on the diablo device. (or anyone for that matter) if would have to be saved and flashed back later with actual ford engineer software. NOT dealer level stuff. something like a McS1 or a Mongoose
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

DiabloMatt wrote:
DeuceDaTruf wrote:

mike is correct. the file cannot be saved on the diablo device. (or anyone for that matter) if would have to be saved and flashed back later with actual ford engineer software. NOT dealer level stuff. something like a McS1 or a Mongoose

i should add that i could do this locally for you. but not sure where you are located
DeuceDaTruf

Post by DeuceDaTruf »

mike is correct. the file cannot be saved on the diablo device. (or anyone for that matter) if would have to be saved and flashed back later with actual ford engineer software. NOT dealer level stuff. something like a McS1 or a Mongoose[/quote]

i should add that i could do this locally for you. but not sure where you are located[/quote]

That would have been awesome, unfortunately I am in Houston, Texas. It's okay. I appreciate the information as others have been secretive when it comes to this simple information lol.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

DeuceDaTruf wrote:mike is correct. the file cannot be saved on the diablo device. (or anyone for that matter) if would have to be saved and flashed back later with actual ford engineer software. NOT dealer level stuff. something like a McS1 or a Mongoose

i should add that i could do this locally for you. but not sure where you are located[/quote]

That would have been awesome, unfortunately I am in Houston, Texas. It's okay. I appreciate the information as others have been secretive when it comes to this simple information lol.[/quote]

i understand. that has always bugged me about this industry as other companies try to make what we all do look like magic. i have always tried to be as transparent as possible. good luck in your adventures