Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas 03 hemi ram with cam. Tuning issue

03 hemi ram with cam. Tuning issue

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:48 pm

I have an 03 2500 4x4 with issues. First the tuner wouldnt work at all. We had to flash my truck using the tuner to an 05...

Now im attempting to tune my truck. All I have is spark and WOT fuel. And tires. I see other people talking about rev limiter. Shift points. Idle. Etc.... I dont have any of this. Why?

In addition. There is a "add a paramter" option. Before i mess something up, how do i use this?

5.7 hemi 268h cam. MSD headers full exhaust with x pipe. K&N intake. Added ground to throttle body housing. New sensors everywhere. All new valve train, new throttle body.

When i rebuilt this thing it got all new parts. Had a superchip. Would SMOLDER tires at a dead stop when hammered down. Now it takes off like i have 10k lbs behind me and doesnt make decent power until 3k rpm. And i cant use my superchip now. It wont even connect.

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:09 am

You need a custom tune to make a cam swap work properly.
Its also not uncommon for a cam swap to give up power down low, so it will feel different even once dialed in.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Okay, but can we answer my other questions? Why do I only have Two parameters when I see other people have more. ex: idle, shift points, rev limiter etc...

What is the " Add a Parameter" feature and how do I use it successfully?

What happened to my truck that prevents me from hooking up the superchip?

In response to your comment on a cam swap will give up power down on the low end: When I initially put this truck on the road with the superchip, before I bought a trinity with the hemi fever tunes. This truck would smoke tires and had lots of bottom end. Now its a slouch.. even on the highway when I pass someone it doesn't set you in the seat. this thing had more power to the tires when It was stock than it does now. :cry:

I have not had any custom tunes done yet. I feel like it would be a waste of time until I can figure out why my truck is so gutless all of the sudden. The exhaust doesn't even sound the same. It doesn't sound like it has any heart any more.

Post Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 am

the 043 ram is very limited parameter wise, the pcm simply does not have the same level of control that most of the 05+ stuff had.

I think you are missing my point. Assuming the cam is properly installed, its going to run poorly until you have it custom tuned.
Cam swaps and custom tuning go hand in hand, without tuning the cam swap was a waste of time...
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas