tool married to my car and wont write back oem file to car

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Maxximuss

tool married to my car and wont write back oem file to car

Post by Maxximuss »

I have an issue with my t1000 a while back the cord was a bit messed up at the end going into the tool. I have since got a new cord and all was well, or so I thought. I had it in the shop and told them at the time don't hook up the witech to it it has a programer in it. So now it has to go back into the shop for a recall on the car. I can not write the OEM file to the vehicle from the tool. Its married to the car and suspect the file has gone corrupt. I cannot do a force write to the car seeing I need a password. Is there a way you can help me fix this problem? As it stands the recall is going to be done and they will end up wiping my tune from the car on Monday.

details

2010 Challenger 5.7 with T1000 programer

Thank you
mikel

Re: tool married to my car and wont write back oem file to c

Post by mikel »

what happens when you try to restore?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

its not letting me restore it. unless i try to force it but then its asks for a password.
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

still haven' t got my recall done yet i cant update the tool or put the car back to oem settings. kinda stuck. as it is the dealer will probably have to over write the tune and then ill have the tool locked so i cant do anything with it.
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

Still waiting for some help on this. I registered the tool on here right after I bought it. Never had much issues untill I had a problem where the cord plugs into the tool. the tool wont set it back to OEM or do a repair nor add any changes. Help??? :?:
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

are you receiving any messages specifically when the tune is trying to restore? please explain in as much detail as possible to help diagnose your issue.
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

I had the recall done don't know if they had to do anything to the settings. When I get a chance ill go and try to restore the car back to OEM and write down what says when it wont restore. All I can say at this point is the tool is locked to the vin on the car. It wont write back to OEM. I'll post this as soon as I can. It will not let me make any changes to settings either. I get back to ya. :punisher:
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

Maxximuss wrote:I had the recall done don't know if they had to do anything to the settings. When I get a chance ill go and try to restore the car back to OEM and write down what says when it wont restore. All I can say at this point is the tool is locked to the vin on the car. It wont write back to OEM. I'll post this as soon as I can. It will not let me make any changes to settings either. I get back to ya. :punisher:

I still have this issue I gave up a while back on this and just left the car with the tune in it that I can not restore. Do I send the tool in so you guys can do a reset on it and if any repair, I take it ill have to flip the bill to fix this. As well have the dealer reprogram the computer back to stock I'm assuming?
Vas@Diablosport

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

If the recall the dealership performed required reflashing the PCM (likely), fax or email the work order to the tech guys at Diablo, give them a call and they'll reset the tool for you. Looks like they couldn't diagnose the issue because you never gave them the error message or specific screen info they asked for, but if the PCM was updated, that's a wash anyways. Once the tool is reset and updated it should be fine. I guess even if the recall didn't require reflashing the PCM, you could still have the tool reset, updated, then call Diablosport's tech line and request a "Force calibration update". That should clear things up and get you tuning again.
No, i don't work here.
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

I'll need to send the tool in for a repair as I have found the plug in connector that the wire goes into the tool as damaged 3 of the fine strip connectors (looks like a I-phone 4 jack) so I think that this may be part of the problem not sure if it is worth the shipping and the tool for repair to pay to have this done or just buy another one. I was really happy with the product but just found the connector to be a real issue. This may be why the tool will not do the oem install back to stock I'm guessing. Appreciate the help on this regardless, thank you.
Maxximuss

Post by Maxximuss »

Update , Thank you for your help I have purchased another T1000 to resolve this issue and will reinstall the new tool to my car. I am very happy that you have updated the connector plug to the back of the tool and now uses a better connector than the one I had bought in the past. You can close this thread now if you like.

Thank you again for your assistance.