Diablo Last tune did not finish/TCM 116 Error

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

rowdog_14

Diablo Last tune did not finish/TCM 116 Error

Post by rowdog_14 »

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 5.7 1500. I downloaded the latest crom. Went out to my truck to tune and I get an error during the install TCM 116. There was some other stuff with it but the device rebooted before I could catch it. When it rebooted it said Diablo Last Tune did not finish. Then ask for me to restore original backup. If I click yes it say can't restore Original backup. It was already restored or was never saved. It reboots and says Diablo Last Tune did not finish.... and keeps going through that same cycle.
sullivan

Re: Diablo Last tune did not finish/TCM 116 Error

Post by sullivan »

I just did the update myself and had the same issue! Now im stuck in a reboot!!! WTF I just bought this :blowup:
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You're both gonna have to call Monday. This is exactly why I always tell people not to try tuning when they aren't open, because then you end up screwed over, up a river without a paddle.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

sullivan wrote:I just did the update myself and had the same issue! Now im stuck in a reboot!!! WTF I just bought this :blowup:
Yes it sucks! Luckily I do have two other cars, but I am still at a lose because my truck in sitting in front of my drive way and not in my garage or in my driveway. So HOA is going to hit me with a fine :(
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

Mike_Levy wrote:You're both gonna have to call Monday. This is exactly why I always tell people not to try tuning when they aren't open, because then you end up screwed over, up a river without a paddle.
You have a point and I do agree,but some people do this type of project after work or on the weekend. So that is usually after they close. That being said I work from 7:30 am to about 5:30-6 during the week. I normally do all my performance mods on the weekend. So now I have to take off work to do this. I think they should have atleast a short work day on Saturday. This is not just germane to diablo but to the other company's too. Oh well it is what it is. I just feel sorry for people in my situation and do not have an extra vehicle.

I will be sending an email out to my manager now and tell him I need to take a vacation day Monday because I screwed up my PCM... :)

I hope they can do a restore without me having to take it to a dealer for a reflash :( I have read too many stories about that :(....
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

These are the post that I read about selecting 05 but I did not notice the crom update for the 04 that is posted :(

This is the original post I read about the 04 issues before I got a trinity...
http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewto ... am#p256119

This is another I found after having the issue I had today...
http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewto ... am#p243420

Another I found today. This is a post I found with a 04 Hemi Crom update. I looks like it has been downloaded 23 times. This may need to put up as a sticky...
http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewto ... am#p258423
sullivan

Post by sullivan »

So did any of those files work for you?
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

I did not try could I because even when I hook into the computer dsdownloader no longer sees the trinity. So I am at a stand still.
sullivan

Post by sullivan »

I was just able to hook my trinity up to my pc this morning after several tries.

Select Options > Auto Connect inside the Diablo computer DSDownloader
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

Let me try again. I tried that all last night and this morning :( it keeps rebooting asking to restore the original file.
Brian1974

Post by Brian1974 »

you might have to unplug your tcm.then back up your pcm then install the tune.because diablo doesn't support tcm.i had the same thing.hope that helps you out.
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

I thought they supported tcm but not on 04 ram. So as far as 04 unplug it? With the back up I am use to a tuner backing up prior to doing any mods. I noticed that it does not seem that diablo does that and you have to manually backup. Is that correct. If so I do not have a back up.
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

Just got off the phone with Tech support and it is a no go. I have to send in the Computer and Diablo Trinity in for service :(. I think I am going to buy another computer to have for situations like this.
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

Late yesterday I was able to get my truck back up and running without going to the dealer or sending it out. One question I have though it how can I reset the Trinity now? I am still getting a calibration file did not load properly... attached are screen shots. Everytime I hook into the ODB port I get these screens. I have tried changing vehicles and then going back to 2005 Dodge Ram, but I am still getting this. When I changed vehicles it did not come up anymore but started back once I went to 2005 Dodge Ram.
rowdog_14

Post by rowdog_14 »

Loaded up smaller pictures
Attachments
Photo Jul 29, 8 19 03 AM.jpg
Photo Jul 29, 8 19 03 AM.jpg (115.8 KiB) Viewed 9535 times
Photo Jul 29, 8 19 10 AM.jpg
Photo Jul 29, 8 19 10 AM.jpg (173.16 KiB) Viewed 9535 times