Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas MDS will not disable after upgrade to 1r13b

MDS will not disable after upgrade to 1r13b

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Hello,

I upgraded to 1r3rb and disabled MDS. However, I can feel and hear it engaging. I have confirmed the truck stays in the same gear when it engages.

Before upgrading I had to update the CALID from 68172019AK to 68172019AL. I encountered an error (-34 I believe), but was able to complete the CALID update on second try.

Attached is my current tune and backup. In addition I am attaching logging.

Lastly, Mike had given me a tune sometime ago to increase throttle response as I could not feel any gain. If possible I would like the same for this new CALID 68172019AL.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Jason
Attachments
MDS_ON.LOG
(313.29 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
PCM_68172019AL.drg
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
PCM_68172019AL_Perf_93oct_modified.drg
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

MDS is off in the attached tune, we'll sort this out.

Thanks
Attachments
pcm_68172019al_perf_93oct_MDS_off.drg
(107.71 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Hi Mike,

When attempting to load the tune (from PC to Trinity), Trinity fails with "Unable to write 1024 bytes".

Any suggestions?

Also does this tune also have enhanced throttle boost?

klein1j wrote:
Hi Mike,

When attempting to load the tune (from PC to Trinity), Trinity fails with "Unable to write 1024 bytes".

Any suggestions?

Also does this tune also have enhanced throttle boost?

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers and DS Downloader.

According to older discussions about this issue it seems you may need a new backup from me. Would you like me to to run trinity in the vehicle and take a new backup?

Attached is a new original backup and backup of installed 93 tune.

For what it's worth the MDS Parameter by default flashes as "Off". I noticed this as soon as I upgraded to 1r13b, and have not seen that in any other previous version.
Attachments
PCM_68172019AL_Perf_93oct_modified.drg
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
PCM_68172019AL.drg
(132.93 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

klein1j wrote:
Attached is a new original backup and backup of installed 93 tune.

For what it's worth the MDS Parameter by default flashes as "Off". I noticed this as soon as I upgraded to 1r13b, and have not seen that in any other previous version.

Notice how the original backup is much larger in size this time around, hence the issue was probably with the original backup...

If you can supply me with a new tune (based off new original backup) where MDS is off and throttle boost is enhanced, will be much appreciated.

reload the same file using the backup you posted the 2nd time as the base file when dsdl asks you to and it should load fine ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Hello, when I am in the tuner and click on mds then select off, it still has the little star next to "on" even though I clicked to turn it off. Is this a glitch or what does it mean? I have a i3 platinum for chrysler. The car I am trying to tune is 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (5.7). I put the 91 tune on it but I don't know if the mds is off.

the asterisk is to say you have adjusted it, not to show what it is set to.
If you set it to off, then load the tune, it is off...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas