Trinity keeps looping to update supported CAL ID

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

AlphaX

Trinity keeps looping to update supported CAL ID

Post by AlphaX »

My Trinity loops at the performance tab to update supported CAL ID...

I have a 2006 300C with a 5.7 liter engine, I have updated the tool up until the latest version v.1r13f, I put all my vehicle information on the tool when connected to my PC, I have tried a number of times to tune via obd2 on my car, I accept all disclaimers but when I get to the Performance screen I keep getting the "Please connect this Trinity to the DS Downloader ... to update your vehicle to a supported Cal ID" I have updated and tried over and over about four times and I keep getting this loop whenever it boots up in the car. I removed all my vehicle information once on the pc and even tried it that way hoping it would ask for info when plugged in via obd2, entered my vehicle information and still continue to get the message about updating.

Also every time I look at the Information screen everything else is there other than the saved calid after putting in my car info. Not sure if this matters.

I have searched the forums, have read the manual on updating and receiving that message.. found no answers to this. I'm at a total loss.
mikel

Re: Trinity keeps looping to update supported CAL ID

Post by mikel »

what exactly does it say when you plug into the car?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
AlphaX

Post by AlphaX »

When plugging in it boots up, I receive the disclaimer and it takes me to the main screen, I push the performance tab and accept the disclaimer get a loading bar for a few seconds and receive the message:

"Please connect this Trinity to the DS Downloader program at your PC and click the Calibration Updater button to to update your vehicle to a supported Cal ID. For more information go to www.diablosport.com/calupdate"

I then hit the continue button, it reboots, gives me the disclaimer and I get the main screen again.

I do have the latest version v.1r13f
mikel

Post by mikel »

when you open dsdl and let it connect to the tool do you get the 'calibration updater' button?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
AlphaX

Post by AlphaX »

Today yes, a few times while opening the tool I have not, but today I did, so I have now updated again. If I go to the Show information screen it shows the same latest version v.1r13f I had and no "Saved Calid:"
mikel

Post by mikel »

so you click the calibration updater, it loads a file to the tool, then you load that to the vehicle and then it asks you to repeat the whole thing again?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
AlphaX

Post by AlphaX »

Yes, exactly... I repeat the same process over and over, and never get a response on the performance screen other than please update, but it has the latest update so I never get anywhere other than this loop with no other option.
mikel

Post by mikel »

what is the calibration ID.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
AlphaX

Post by AlphaX »

On the information screen I have no "Saved Calid:" Everything else is filled in but the "Saved Calid:" is always blank even after putting in my vehicle info.
mikel

Post by mikel »

options/troubleshooting/show calid, what does it show?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
AlphaX

Post by AlphaX »

I went out to the car and looked for the calid, found it, and since I was there I thought I would try it again, when I got to the performance screen it mentioned that the pcm update had worked, so I followed everything, backed up original tune and installed the 91 cia tune, it worked.

I have no clue why but it did... maybe going to options/troubleshooting/show calid did it, I don't know... So whatever it was... thanks!
petemitchell2

Post by petemitchell2 »

I am having this exact same problem right now. I went to the calibration ID part in the options section and it didn’t show anything. told me to go back to the computer to get A supported CAL ID. What do you think happened
petemitchell2

Post by petemitchell2 »

UPDATE:

I came in and went through the same process as mentioned in the above posts. I calibrated etc. I went back out to the truck and continue to receive the same message. I went to the menu to re-install original tune and it states that it is not on the tuner. I came back in to calibrate and I get the message:

b0r for ford_can_gas at 1r13s is not supported by the calibration update server and goes back to the calibration updater

I have found where I have the backup to my factory tune on my computer and attempted to put back onto the tuner to reinstall onto the truck by clicking send tune file to tuner button. when I do it goes to the place where I have the file (PCM_RXCM4PZstocktune.frg). I click on the file and I am getting the message:

Please choose a matching original backup file for your tune file. It gives me the option to select:
1. Last saved: listing that same stock tune or....
2. Browse for original backup file

Clicking Browse just brings me back to same file and get the message that it is identical to the original file. It then goes into an upload tune screen. There is no progress on the bar and immediately goes to a box that says "Custom Tune Upload Successful".

HELP PLEASE