Boost parameters for Trinity analog input

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Fisch

Boost parameters for Trinity analog input

Post by Fisch »

2007 Jeep SRT8 w/ Vortech V3 - tuned by AJ Hemituner

Setting up my analog inputs on the Trinity. Have AEM UEGO A/F and AEM Boost gauges. Got the AFR on analog input #1 and it's working great, using 10 as low value and 19.98 for high value. It's matching the AEM gauge perfectly.

But I can't seem to get the Boost on analog input #2 to read accurately on the Trinity. At idle it matches up well to the gauge around -26psi, but under full WOT when in boost and AEM gauge showing +6 to +8psi, the Trinity barely makes it to -10psi... reading isn't even getting out of vacuum.

I presume my parameters are bad. I'm using a low of -30 and a high of 15. I know the Trinity needs to calculate this based on the 0v to 5v input, just not sure what the configuration would be for the parameters.

Anybody get an AEM Boost gauge reading correctly on a Trinity analog input? What's your secret? Thanks for any help.
mikel

Re: Boost parameters for Trinity analog input

Post by mikel »

the trinity wont show the neg values as vacuum, it will all be psi, that may be the issue here.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Fisch

Post by Fisch »

Thanks Mike. Well it is showing negative values, but I presume that's due to the parameters I setup (-30 to 15). So it sits at around -26 (like the gauge shows) when idling or off the throttle. And when I get on the throttle, that -26 does "drop" closer to 0 (like the gauge) but it never gets closer to 0 than -10... and that's at peak boost.

I changed the parameters to -30 to 35, in order to match the full gauge range, but it's still not keeping up. It never gets out of negative values.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, I rthink there is some math done on the boost gauge they would provide that interprets certain values as vacuum and others as boost so it displays it properly, but we're just showing a linear value from the voltage input.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com