Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas 2011 Jeep Wrangler, trinity wont connect

2011 Jeep Wrangler, trinity wont connect

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:43 pm

I had warranty work done on my jeep in July. I removed my tune and restored the factory settings before taking it in for service. Part of the warranty work was a re-flash of my computer. Since the warranty work was done my tuner won't communicate with the computer. 68057145AG is my current CAL ID and I get a notice that I need to downgrade to 68057145AF before I can continue. I'm not sure how I need to do this. I've spoken to tech support previously and done all updates that I am aware of. I've spoken to tech support multiple times and I'm only told I need to perform an update, I've done every pertinent update available and it hasn't helped. My tuner is currently nothing but a very expensive paperweight. Help me please

When you plug the Trinity into your computer and launch DSdownloader, do you see a "Calibration Update" tab at the bottom? If so, click on it and run a calibration.
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
Diablo PCM | Trinity Tuner | AFE CAI | Catch Can

Stoopalini wrote:
When you plug the Trinity into your computer and launch DSdownloader, do you see a "Calibration Update" tab at the bottom? If so, click on it and run a calibration.

I have done that several times but when I return to my vehicle I get the notice that I need to downgrade. I'm curious if I could factory reset my tuner and go from there but I haven't found the way to do that as of yet.

You've done the "Calibration Update" several times? Are you sure you haven't done the regular "Update Tool" several times?

Those are two different processes, and very different from each other.

The "Calibration Update" shows up as a separate tab, across the bottom, along with the "Connection Test", "Express Tune Mode", "Advanced Tuning", and "Trinity Browser" tabs.

The "Calibration Update" tab only shows up if the software detects a calibration is needed.
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

Yes, it's like the update isn't sticking. It's also saying I need to downgrade, which makes me think there is more to the problem.

Anyone have an idea? I'm frustrated beyond measure at this point

Can you clarify, that you have been seeing the button called calibration updater, and that you click it and it downloads a file to the tool?

ALso, do you then load that file to the vehicle, and then it still tells you it needs to downgrade?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

If this is the button you've been clicking, it's not the right one. A "Calibration Update" is different than "Update Tool"

Can you post a screenshot of your DSDownloader screen?

Update_Tool_Button.jpg
Update_Tool_Button.jpg (84.52 KiB) Viewed 2544 times

As far as I can tell from what I'm reading online, the "Calibration Update" should show as an added tab, here:

Calibration_Update_Tab.jpg
Calibration_Update_Tab.jpg (78.69 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

I have updated the tool and then taken the programmer to the vehicle and attempted to connect to the vehicle. It will not even allow it to connect. It shows the error codes that I listed in the first post and requests a "downgrade". I've upgraded the tool, done calibration updates, the works. I tried to locate how to factory reset the tuner to see if I could start from scratch but I can't figure that out anyways.

Sorry it's still not clear if you are seeing the Calibration Update tab on the bottom of the DS Downloader tool. Post a screen shot of your DS Downloader screen.

I was on the phone yesterday with support, and they walked me through the calibration update on mine. In order to do it, I had to give them a code from the Trinity, and they in turn gave me a password to allow the calibration. I'm not sure how you would be able to do this without them on the phone?

So, are you are seeing this tab at the bottom of DS Downloader ... the "Calibration Update" tab?

Calibration_Update-2.jpg
Calibration_Update-2.jpg (65.47 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

Yes I'm seeing the calibration updater button at the bottom of the screen. I can select it and it goes through download process but nothing changes.
When plug the programmer into vehicle boots up but says it is unable to read vehicles system. (Can't remember the specific terminology)

How I completely reset the programmer to factory settings? I feel like starting there would make the issues I find easier to follow.

can you give u a call with it powered up in the vehicle with a pc handy?
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Sethro42 wrote:
Yes I'm seeing the calibration updater button at the bottom of the screen. I can select it and it goes through download process but nothing changes.
When plug the programmer into vehicle boots up but says it is unable to read vehicles system. (Can't remember the specific terminology)

Im having same problem with mine for a 2015 challenger 5.7, did you get yours working?

mikel wrote:
can you give u a call with it powered up in the vehicle with a pc handy?

Yes I can, just tell when and the number to call.

Next

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas