Neutral/Park rev limiter 2015 charger rt

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

DeadEcho

Neutral/Park rev limiter 2015 charger rt

Post by DeadEcho »

Hi there,

I just recently got the diablosport trinity and PCM for my 2015 charger RT. I loaded the canned 91 octane tune and the only parameter I modified was the neutral/park rev limiter to +600. After the tune installed I started the car to find that it's surging really badly in idle. The RPM will spike up and down by about 500-800. I reset the modified parameters and installed the regular 91 tune and it was fine again. I repeated this process to make sure that nothing went wrong with the first time I wrote it and it happened again.

After searching the forums I have found that there are other cases of this happening where you guys said you were working on a fix. That was back in March and I'm wondering if there is any way to remedy this issue as of yet?

Thanks
Chris_K

Re: Neutral/Park rev limiter 2015 charger rt

Post by Chris_K »

I'm having this same issue. Seems to me that part of the tuner should let you set the rev limiter to +6,000, not +600. If I adjust these settings at all my car won't idle. I know there is no real need to adjust them, but I, personally, would like to remove this limiter.
mikel

Post by mikel »

its a bug that sets the rev limit to 0 rpm when you adjust that.
Setting that value to 6000 rpm and then free revving it will likely result in damage, there is a good reason that limiter is at 4K to start. Id advise not massing with it to be honest.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
modern_general_lee

Post by modern_general_lee »

I have a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T and I am having the same issue. Mine is also modified and has a custom tune. I think the reason behind not being able to adjust it correctly has t do with the tune. What company or who tuned it? i had Arrington Performance a while back. hopefully this can get figured out because a 3in straight pipe on this car would sound amazing at 6k.