Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas Log files corrupted showing garbage data

Log files corrupted showing garbage data

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Edited to summarize all my posts in this thread: All logs on handheld are corrupt and display garbage data whether replayed on handheld or PC. Old logs already on my PC display correctly. But the handheld original of those old logs are now corrupt. New logs created with the handheld and then immediately replayed on the handheld show garbage data. And save to PC as garbage data. Deleted all log files on the tool, reset the device by restoring the original backup, updated tool, installed custom tune, but logs are still corrupted.

Original Post:
I sent hemifever two log files that I made today using the 07_up_tuner template. These logs look fine to me and I can view them fine with Dataviewer on my PC. But after saving the logs and emailing them to him, he says they show crazy values like 64,000 rpm, etc.

My last tuner guy was unable to read my logs as well, but I don't know if he also got weird values, because he only told me they didn't work.

Is this a known issue? What could I be doing wrong? I followed instructions exactly how hemifever wrote them, and nothing those instructions have me do is unusual. It's the same way I tried to share the logs last time with the other tuner person.
Last edited by Jimmytop on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Virus maybe? Try attaching one of your log files here and I'll give it a go.

I attached one of mine, so you can try to open it and see if you have the same problem in reverse.
91_TUNE_4.LOG
(364.83 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
Diablo PCM | Trinity Tuner | AFE CAI | Catch Can

I have to change my story. The logs are garbage data on my PC as well. So they are coming off the handheld as garbage.
I have logs from a couple weeks ago that work perfectly, good data, everything fine. Same handheld. And they still look good when I view them today.
The three logs I created today are garbage data. I'm doing everything the same as before, as far as I can tell.
Attachments
160903_CEL.LOG
good log
(454.1 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Above is the older, good log file. Here is the crap file recorded today.
Attachments
LOG02.LOG
bad log
(457.14 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

I had no problem opening both files in DataViewer.

Here's the one you said was corrupt. And I see what you mean by the data values being WAY off

JimmyTop_Log02.jpg
JimmyTop_Log02.jpg (201.77 KiB) Viewed 3636 times

And here's the other one:

JimmyTop_160903_CEL.jpg
JimmyTop_160903_CEL.jpg (242.17 KiB) Viewed 3636 times
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

Let me add, the values as viewed on the handheld during the actual driving are correct. Nothing strange about the numbers shown on the device during logging. The corruption is happening after or when the file is saved.

How are you transferring the files from the hand held to the computer? Are you using an SD Card, or plugging the handheld into your computer directly with a USB cable?
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

I'm using dataviewer and standard way of viewing and saving the logs with the handheld attached by USB.

Just replayed some of the logs on the handheld. They are all corrupt. Even the good log that I posted above. The one I posted here is the one I saved from the handheld to my pc a couple weeks ago. If I transfer it now it is corrupt. So somehow the logs on the handheld are corrupted and any new logs I create are also bad. Before they ever touch my PC

Strange ... If I had this issue, I would start by flashing the vehicle back to stock, then connect the Trinity to my computer and use DSDownloader to flash the MegaCrom onto it.

You can download the MegaCrom for the Trinity here: http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/

If I remember correctly, you can choose a CROM to update the Trinity with (instead of doing the auto-update) by clicking the link under "Connection Step 1" from within the "Connection Test" tab of DSDownloader.

After that was complete, I'd then use the "Update Tool" button in DSDownloader to auto-apply the incremental updates.

This is the only thing I can think of to try and reset it and possibly remove whatever became corrupted. Obviously Diablo support would be the best course of action, but they're closed on the weekends.
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

Well the car will be parked for the next couple of weeks anyway. But still anxious to hear what Diablosport has to say about this. So hopefully can get my tune logged and adjusted when I return from vacation.

did you update the tool at any point between when the logs were exporting OK and when they started showing this issue?

Do you have a BUNCH of logs saved on hte tool?
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

I did not purposely update anything. Maybe an auto update that I didn't notice? But I very rarely connect it to the computer so I doubt it.
There were several logs, probably would qualify as a bunch. I deleted all of them and chose "restore default gauge layouts" and recorded a log but it still replayed bad data.

whats the current version on the device under options/show information?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Here is what the log file he posted shows for Tool Info

Tool_Info.jpg
Tool_Info.jpg (153.2 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
2016 Dodge Durango R/T

id try restoring the stock tune and updating the device then see how the logs look.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Next

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas