Installing Trinity with push button start

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

NewJeepDude

Installing Trinity with push button start

Post by NewJeepDude »

I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (v6) and I purchased the T1000 Trinity. I am having trouble figuring out how to install the Trinity Programmer.

2011-2013 JGC's let you pop out the push button start and use the valet key into order to turn the car On (without starting it) and then turn it off afterwards. But the push button won't come out on my vehicle so that's not an option. Plus, after the button is pressed once and the car is turned On, pressing it again will automatically put the car in Run mode (which the tuner says is a problem). What am I supposed to do with a push button start? How do I bypass Run in order to immediately turn the vehicle off? Is Run different than actually starting the car (I never hear the engine turn over)? Thank you!
wardnuke

Re: Installing Trinity with push button start

Post by wardnuke »

The Push Button works as an Accessory mode if you never put your foot on the break. You need to verify, but if you push the Push Button again without putting your foot on the break, it'll go to Run, but won't start the engine. You can then push it again and it'll go to Off. As long as you don't put your foot on the break pedal, you won't start the engine.
mikel

Re: Installing Trinity with push button start

Post by mikel »

2x clicks to engage run mode with no foot on the brake.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com