Original Backup will not save.

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

tfinch41

Original Backup will not save.

Post by tfinch41 »

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6 and I am having trouble with my Trinity-T1000. Every time I try to go through the steps for a specific tune, it says, "Original backup NOT SAVED (-30) PCM: error verifying backup (3) Trinity is rejecting backup. It appears to be a Trinity tune. Not tuning vehicle because of backup (4)." I had a trinity before with no issues but someone broke into my car and stole it. So I just recently replaced it and I have been having issues with it ever since I got it. Is it because the one before was disconnected improperly?
06MonteSS

Re: Original Backup will not save.

Post by 06MonteSS »

you have to get your pcm flashed back to stock first before you will be able to use the new trinity on it.. it is detecting that there is a tune already installed in the car, so it will not let you tune it with the new one...

get your pcm flashed back to stock by your dealer, and then you can use the new trinity on it.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Re: Original Backup will not save.

Post by mikel »

tfinch41 wrote:I have a 2006 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6 and I am having trouble with my Trinity-T1000. Every time I try to go through the steps for a specific tune, it says, "Original backup NOT SAVED (-30) PCM: error verifying backup (3) Trinity is rejecting backup. It appears to be a Trinity tune. Not tuning vehicle because of backup (4)." I had a trinity before with no issues but someone broke into my car and stole it. So I just recently replaced it and I have been having issues with it ever since I got it. Is it because the one before was disconnected improperly?
give us a call with the tool powered up in the car and we can force a calibration update to the pcm to get it back to stock then you can tune it.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com