Tons of problems with update.

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

m411b

Tons of problems with update.

Post by m411b »

I literally can't do anything after updating. I can't change fan speed(will only go to 50 out of 400 degrees), idle speed(will only allow 50rpm out of 50rpm), I have no dashboards for monitoring, I'm forced to install TCM tuning even when I specifically told it not too and honestly because of all this I don't trust the canned tune is actually for my vehicle and isn't going to blow the engine up. This is all just what I've noticed. Chances are if these things are screwed up, there's plenty of other things that are just as screwed up! And lets not forget the dreaded P1400 code that never goes away and may have voided my warranty.

My vehicle is a 2017 Hellcat Challenger and I'm not taking any chances. So if this isn't resolved soon you all can have this ECM and Trinity back for a full refund. This is not what I was lead to believe I was getting....
mikel

Re: Tons of problems with update.

Post by mikel »

you can choose the modify stock tcm tune to make no changes but if you clicked skip, it should not have flashed it at all.

Im not 100% sure what you mean by the parameter issues, are they not showing properly or not allowing you to make the adjustments?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
m411b

Post by m411b »

mikel wrote:you can choose the modify stock tcm tune to make no changes but if you clicked skip, it should not have flashed it at all.

Im not 100% sure what you mean by the parameter issues, are they not showing properly or not allowing you to make the adjustments?

Thanks
They show and I can make adjustments, but only so far. Not really sure if they show correctly considering the problems. But what I mean is I can only change the fan control temp so far and that number is up to 50 out 400 and it won't go past 50. Before the update I could change it all the way up to 400 if I wanted too. I had it set to 205 out of 400 before the update.

As for the idle speed, it shows also, but I can only change it up to 50 out of 50. I can only change the parameter up to 50rpm and I can only go up to 50rpm. I can go - and + 50. I don't think the engine will even run at 50rpm. I'd like to see one do it, though. :)

I can change tire size and it does hold as far as I know. My speedo is right on according to GPS.
m411b

Post by m411b »

After the update you attached to the other thread (trinity_dcx_gas_15-1t13ea_update.crom) for the gauge layouts nothing has changed. Still no gauge layouts.

Here is what I get after that update:

When I hit the YES button it does nothing, so I'm forced to hit NO, at which time it tells me "New gauge layout can be creating in logging.". But when I go to logging there is no where to create gauge layouts. Just restore defaults, which does nothing and rename layout.
mikel

Post by mikel »

m411b wrote:After the update you attached to the other thread (trinity_dcx_gas_15-1t13ea_update.crom) for the gauge layouts nothing has changed. Still no gauge layouts.

Here is what I get after that update:

When I hit the YES button it does nothing, so I'm forced to hit NO, at which time it tells me "New gauge layout can be creating in logging.". But when I go to logging there is no where to create gauge layouts. Just restore defaults, which does nothing and rename layout.
What does the tool display now for options/show information for part?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
m411b

Post by m411b »

dcx_gas_15
v.1t13ea
m411b

Post by m411b »

Any movement on this by any chance?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Still looking into this unfortunately, hope to have a fix asap.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
m411b

Post by m411b »

I bought this trinity and pcm from Diablosport on Sept. 5th 2017 and inside a month of ownership I was already having major issues. I submitted a support ticket on Oct. 8th 2017 and just today received a response to it. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I started this thread and maybe longer since posting a reply in other threads with major problems and defects.

Still, nothing!

I don't know what else to do but ask for a return number for a full refund on defective items sold to me. I'm well within the 1 year warranty, so this really shouldn't be a problem or I would hope not.

Who do I send these back to for a refund?
mikel

Post by mikel »

I just tested this and it seems to work for me.
Can you go to the options menu and try the restore default layout option?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
madmechanic11

Post by madmechanic11 »

t1000 still says no gauge layouts found and will do nothing when I hit yes when it asks about reinstalling defaults........been this way since last update

:blowup:
mikel

Post by mikel »

madmechanic11 wrote:t1000 still says no gauge layouts found and will do nothing when I hit yes when it asks about reinstalling defaults........been this way since last update

Sorry for the delay, this should be resolved.
Please try the attached update.
Attachments
trinity_dcx_gas_15-1t23ef_update.crom
(10.23 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mlm162

Post by mlm162 »

madmechanic11 wrote:t1000 still says no gauge layouts found and will do nothing when I hit yes when it asks about reinstalling defaults........been this way since last update

any updates?