Additional processing required? 45+ mins to tune?

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Whitelightnin

Additional processing required? 45+ mins to tune?

Post by Whitelightnin »

2014 Challenger R/T.

When I bought the tuner new I followed the directions and updated it and tuned my car. Every dealership visit I put back to stock. When I go to put the 91 tune back on, it has always started the tune then a screen pops up stating "additional processing is required and could take an additional 30 minutes". So from the time I plug in to the time I can drive it's usually about 45+ minutes, which leaves my car on the brink of a dead battery.

Well last night it finally happened, finished the tune and I was dead. Got it jumped, tune was installed fine but I started searching the challenger forum to find out if that's normal.

I'm being told that's not correct and it should only take about 15 minutes to tune.

What is the correct length of time it should take to back up original and install tune? It's not saying anything about updating the tuner or the car, it just says "additional processing". Nobody I've talked with that has a Trinity has seen that screen before.

Thanks.
mikel

Re: Additional processing required? 45+ mins to tune?

Post by mikel »

dont listen to others who dont have the same car as you :)

Tuning a 13/14 for the first time (reading the stock tune out) will take 35-45 minutes. Its totally normal and part of tuning the 13/14 models.
Subsequent tune changes will take less than 3 minutes, but going back to stock will take another 25+ minutes.

05-12 and 15_ cars can be tuned from scratch in less than 10 minutes.

Always ensure the battery is fully charged before attempting the log read process.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Whitelightnin

Re: Additional processing required? 45+ mins to tune?

Post by Whitelightnin »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.