Lackluster tuning on 15+ FCA vehicles...

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

neurodave

Lackluster tuning on 15+ FCA vehicles...

Post by neurodave »

So I received my unlocked PCM yesterday and having been a Diablosport user since the Predator back in 2008, I pretty much knew what it all involved. Aside from swapping PCMs, I expected no differences.

Until I went to modify a canned tune and had almost no settings to modify. In all of my old cars (06, 07, and 08 Chargers w/ HEMI) I changed things like shift points, shift firmness/torque management, speed limiter, ESP enable/disable, Reset TCM adaptations. These are the only ones that come to mind that are missing. Now, I have cooling fans and throttle booster. That's basically it. The only other things I have are tire size, Spark, fuel, cooling fans, and traction control. I don't touch these.

Is this a thing now? $600+ for a PCM and $400+ for a tuner to get less features seems pretty bad to me. Did I miss an update of some sort? I checked for latest updates and did calibration. Not sure if I'm missing something here or this is really it for the new body vehicles.

Vehicle: 2016 Charger R/T
Tuner: Trinity T1000

Thanks!
mikel

Re: Lackluster tuning on 15+ FCA vehicles...

Post by mikel »

Your 16 Charger is a completely different animal than the 06-08 cars you tuned previously.

The NAG1 equipped vehicles had stuff like variant string options that allowed for most of what you mention, like shift firmness, shift points, TCM adaptive reset.

The new 8 speed equipped vehicles do not have such a system. TCM tuning is available, which was not on the older models, so you can have custom TCM tunes made to address anything you want in that case. There's also a tune for the 8 speed which is a newer addition, not previously available on the older cars.

Some of the items you mention are or should actually be there.
You should still have tire size and traction control disable options in the quick adjust menu, and speed limiter is still an option in the modify parameter menu.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
neurodave

Re: Lackluster tuning on 15+ FCA vehicles...

Post by neurodave »

mikel wrote:Your 16 Charger is a completely different animal than the 06-08 cars you tuned previously.

The NAG1 equipped vehicles had stuff like variant string options that allowed for most of what you mention, like shift firmness, shift points, TCM adaptive reset.

The new 8 speed equipped vehicles do not have such a system. TCM tuning is available, which was not on the older models, so you can have custom TCM tunes made to address anything you want in that case. There's also a tune for the 8 speed which is a newer addition, not previously available on the older cars.

Some of the items you mention are or should actually be there.
You should still have tire size and traction control disable options in the quick adjust menu, and speed limiter is still an option in the modify parameter menu.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply Mike!

I did read that the 8-Speed tuning is fairly new and the custom option is available. Do the canned 91/93 tunes already come with certain parameters changed for the 8-Speed or is this ONLY available as a custom tuning option?