Custom Tune not recognized by Trinity

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

lVlemphiz

Custom Tune not recognized by Trinity

Post by lVlemphiz »

Hello,

I upgraded from a Predator to an Intune2 and now to a T1000 Trinity. I'm having the worst luck ever too; I2 bricked my PCM (Diablosport sent me a new one which is appreciated) but now my Trinity won't recognize my custom tunes. I get the error you see and I don't know why. I've updated the trinity as well and these were brand new tunes that my tuner made based off my Trinity original backup.
Attachments
PCM_05029832AE.drg
(46.83 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Queenan_Trinity_1300_pump.drg
(40.28 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
queenan_trinity_1300_e85.drg
(40.28 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
20180412_075149.jpg
20180412_075149.jpg (520.34 KiB) Viewed 7171 times
mikel

Re: Custom Tune not recognized by Trinity

Post by mikel »

are you marrying the device to the vehicle before trying to load the custom tune?
T1000 has to be married (saved a backup) before you can load a custom tune to it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

Got error after marrying to vehicle. Nothing looks suspect in the files?
mikel

Post by mikel »

the error is showing the name of the backup, it looks as if maybe you loaded that as the custom tune?

It just looks like some sort of order of operation error here....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

Ill reset tool and try again but I married vehicle and got backup. I then loaded the two custom tunes you see there through the DSDL.

Went to flash and got error you see.

So I figured maybe it needs an update. So I restored back up then updated tool. Fetched backup again then reloaded the two tunes attatched.

Is there an issue with what Ive explained?
mikel

Post by mikel »

the error on the device does not say 'custom tune queenan_1300_trinity wont be used', it says the name of the backup, which leads me to think you are selecting th ebackup as the custom tune to load to the device.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

Tried this another 3 times....no difference. Tried adding tune by express and by advanced method....no difference.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

sounds like you are not importing them correctly...

connect your Trinity to your Windows PC/laptop and let it boot up to main menu screen, and then start up the DSDownloader program....

then, to load both custom tunes into the trinity at once, you have to go to the "Advanced Tuning" tab in the DSDownloader program...

click the folder icon to the right of the text box, and select the custom ECM/engine tune file (Queenan_Trinity_1300_pump.drg)... then click the button "Add Tune" and it will ask you to select your original backup stock PCM engine tune file - so select Browse for original backup, and find/select your stock original backup ECM file (PCM_05029832AE.drg)... after you do that, it will add the custom ECM tune file to the big list box below...

then you need to do the same thing for the second custom tune file.. . click the folder icon to the right of the text box, and select the other custom tune file (queenan_trinity_1300_e85.drg)... then click the button "Add Tune" and it will ask you to select your original backup stock tune file - so select Browse for original backup, and find/select your stock original backup PCM file (PCM_05029832AE.drg)... after you do that, it will add the second custom tune file to the list box below...

once both custom tune files are shown in the list box at the bottom, then click the button up top that says "Send to Tool" and it will import both custom tunes into the Trinity...

The DSDownloader will tell you that the import/download was successful, and the Trinity screen will show/flash "import OK". (this occurs quickly on the Trinity screen, so you may not see the message.)

You may now unhook the Trinity from your Windows PC and go to the vehicle to install the custom tunes.

if you follow this process exactly as I have written, and it still doesn't work, then there is a problem with your custom tune files from your tuner and they need to be redone, from copies of your original tune files from the Trinity.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

Tried it your way exact same error. Waiting for my tuner to send me new files. No idea why the files dont work since I sent him the backup from the Trinity
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

lVlemphiz wrote:Tried it your way exact same error. Waiting for my tuner to send me new files. No idea why the files dont work since I sent him the backup from the Trinity

Tuner sent me another tune and it accepted it. Thanks for feedback