Unable to load custom TCM

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

2FunHemiCars

Unable to load custom TCM

Post by 2FunHemiCars »

All right I am running a mild cam 2015 Challenger R/T with an 8 speed auto. I just received the custom TCM revision to raise shift points and tweak for better shifting. Problem is I am unable to load it. I have tried numerous ways and as soon as I plug it into the car and select performance I get the following display.... The tool or Trinity T1000 has no isssue receiving the files, the car does not like them. Any suggestions?
Error mesaage.jpg
Error mesaage.jpg (4.35 MiB) Viewed 3181 times
mikel

Re: Unable to load custom TCM

Post by mikel »

send the tuner a fresh copy of the tcm backup and ask him to apply the tune changes to that file then load the new one.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
2FunHemiCars

Post by 2FunHemiCars »

mikel wrote:send the tuner a fresh copy of the tcm backup and ask him to apply the tune changes to that file then load the new one.
Ok I want to make sure I am asking for the right thing. So load the custom tune, modify the TCM file in the canned tune. Then export that TCM file and have the tuner apply the changes and then load both the TCM tune along with the matching PCM tune?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no... get a fresh new copy of the original backup stock TCM tranny tune from the Trinity... email that to your custom tuner... have them apply their TCM tranny tune changes to that stock tune file and save it as a new custom TCM tune file, and then have them email that new custom TCM tune file to you to import into your Trinity.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
2FunHemiCars

Post by 2FunHemiCars »

06MonteSS wrote:no... get a fresh new copy of the original backup stock TCM tranny tune from the Trinity... email that to your custom tuner... have them apply their TCM tranny tune changes to that stock tune file and save it as a new custom TCM tune file, and then have them email that new custom TCM tune file to you to import into your Trinity.
What is a fresh copy? I don't know what that means. Please explain it to me like I am a 6 year old, no sarcasm. I really don't understand what fresh means.
mikel

Post by mikel »

export the backup from the tool using dsdl and send that to the tuner and ask them to apply the changes to the backup file and send you a new tune for the tcm.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
2FunHemiCars

Post by 2FunHemiCars »

mikel wrote:export the backup from the tool using dsdl and send that to the tuner and ask them to apply the changes to the backup file and send you a new tune for the tcm.
Perfect I can do that! Thank you!