Silverado 6.2 TCM Tune

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ind3cent

Silverado 6.2 TCM Tune

Post by ind3cent »

I saw that TCM tuning is finally unlocked for the 8-Speed transmission for my 2015 Silverado 6.2l.
I've held off on tuning the truck for the last year because the transmission is so clunky and has been in a handful of times where they've "updated" the software for the transmission. Just curious if anyone has used one of the stock tunes and if it helped changed how the tranny felt at all.

Thanks.
ind3cent

Re: Silverado 6.2 TCM Tune

Post by ind3cent »

So.. no one has done it apparently?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Tons of people have done it, there are a few other threads here with people discussing the 8 speed tunes. No issues that I have seen.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
hockeystop5

Post by hockeystop5 »

When I used this product I did not see any improvement with the transmission. I went to the dealership the other day and they just said to me that this is just a known issue with the 8 speed and that is just how they shift; especially when down shifting from 2nd.
White Denali

Post by White Denali »

I tried the tcm tune as well and it shifted slower and softer than it did stock.. so I just tune the ecm and skip the tcm tune and use stock.
ind3cent

Post by ind3cent »

Thanks for the replies, I was never notified that I had a response for some reason and had kind of given up on it. The dealership updated my tcm about a month ago and it seems to actually be shifting correctly finally. Now that GM has sorted out their issue I'll actually install the tune on the truck.