17 Chevy Silverado 5.3/6sp Unable to Update

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

3trucksandcounting

17 Chevy Silverado 5.3/6sp Unable to Update

Post by 3trucksandcounting »

I've updated my trinity with the latest updates and am currently unable to flash my 17 silverado 1500. It says I still need to update via DSDL. I tried going through some of the threads with similar issues and updating from those files as well with noluck.
mikel

Re: 17 Chevy Silverado 5.3/6sp Unable to Update

Post by mikel »

did you connect to pc and let dsdl put tool under remote control for a second?
Once it does tat it will then go back to main menu and then you should be able to tune it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
3trucksandcounting

Post by 3trucksandcounting »

mikel wrote:did you connect to pc and let dsdl put tool under remote control for a second?
Once it does tat it will then go back to main menu and then you should be able to tune it.
yeah it went through all of that, I select the vehicle and when I plug it into my truck and try to go to the performance section it tells me to update again via DSDL
turbotybo

Post by turbotybo »

I have the same issue. Been working with Rich to resolve, but still ongoing.
mikel

Post by mikel »

3trucksandcounting wrote:
mikel wrote:did you connect to pc and let dsdl put tool under remote control for a second?
yeah it went through all of that, I select the vehicle and when I plug it into my truck and try to go to the performance section it tells me to update again via DSDL
do that, let dsdl put tool under remote control then it will go back to main menu then you can go read the vehicle.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Philly462

Post by Philly462 »

Has there been a resolution for this, I bought my 4 th chevy yesterday, 17 silverado but can't update the tool this time... the tool says 7-17-17 update version, I tried the j850 crom from august, tried the plug unplug dsdl trick, still cycles' please update device'. Does ignition app have anything to do with this? 'Device is not found' on PC when i tried using it , thanks
Philly462

Post by Philly462 »

Philly462 wrote:Has there been a resolution for this, I bought my 4 th chevy yesterday, 17 silverado but can't update the tool this time... the tool says 7-17-17 update version, I tried the j850 crom from august, tried the plug unplug dsdl trick, still cycles' please update device'. Does ignition app have anything to do with this? 'Device is not found' on PC when i tried using it , thanks
Device is a trinity t1000 btw and I'm running the latest dsdl
Philly462

Post by Philly462 »

SOLVED: spoke w customer service, they were very helpful,

STEP 1: make sure you are running the correct CROM (trinity_gm_can_gas-1r13y_update.crom) found on the diablosport downloads page. I was using different variants floating around, make sure it is the 1r13y update (7-17-17).

Step 2: Once the tool is updated w the above file, plug and play in vehicle, then return to DSDL (make sure you have closed the DSDL program before plugging the Trinity back in) reopen the DSDL, plug in Trinity- it will now update again. Once the update is finished (watch the notification ticker at bottom of screen) unplug the device and go back to the vehicle- plug and play. Works now.