Help! Tuner won't connect to truck?

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Lehmbeezy

Help! Tuner won't connect to truck?

Post by Lehmbeezy »

So I've been using the Diablo trinity on my Chrysler 300 for 6 months no problems but now that it's off the road for winter I unmarried trinity and want to use it in my 02 Chevy Silverado 1500hd but it keeps saying can't comment to pcm or something similar please Help!!!!!
06MonteSS

Re: Help! Tuner won't connect to truck?

Post by 06MonteSS »

Anything aftermarket installed in the truck? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Lehmbeezy

Re: Help! Tuner won't connect to truck?

Post by Lehmbeezy »

06MonteSS wrote:Anything aftermarket installed in the truck? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
It has aftermarket radios and trailer break controller I'll try unplugging both those first tomorrow..