Saab Aero Tuning

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

richmonti

Saab Aero Tuning

Post by richmonti »

I wanted to pass this information on as I now have an 08 Saab Aero which is essentially a Trailblazer SS. For the few that own a Saab (only 554 total vehicles made in 2008 and 2009) its not listed on the Trinity vehicle menu. Since the TBSS is a covered vehicle I decided to try the TBSS menu to see if it supports tuning with the Saab. I am pleased to report that it works perfectly. No hiccups at all with saving stock tune or loading the canned tune. All parameters worked without any glitches. I loaded the Diablosport tune and was rewarded with a significant improvement in power and drive ability and also gas mileage on my 70k vehicle. What was even more impressive is the "slip-bang" 1-2 shift is gone and the other shifts are much nicer as well. I have my TCM set on Hard shifts and Torque Management set on -20. The shifts are much cleaner and quicker but not excessive in any way. (However I should disclose that I also drive a supercharged Jeep SRT8 with a Paramount racing transmission which lets you feel the head rest or shoulder strap with every shift so your impression may be different than mine.) :lol:
Last edited by richmonti on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikel

Re: Saab Aero Tuning

Post by mikel »

Glad to hear it.
I have worked with a few other customers that have tuned similar Saabs. Not sure if we'll add it as supported but clearly it works well ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com