06 chevy tahoe 5.3 wont take a tune

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Sl33p3r

06 chevy tahoe 5.3 wont take a tune

Post by Sl33p3r »

We are using a trinity t1000 on a 06 tahoe 5.3. Originally it was saying the truck had a tune so i called support about it and they told us to have the dealer flash the pcm first so we did that. Then it was still doing the same thing after it was flashed. So then i called in and we updated to gm_j1850 and still only tune options we have on the menu are diablo tune, 87 octane tune, factory hp tune, and original backup. There is no 93 octane tune on the list. Please help i already spent $250ish at the dealer for a reflash. Currently when you try to tune it it tries to backup then says "original backup not saved (-11)." If i hit "more info" it says "pcm:error prepare read (-1)"
Sl33p3r

Re: 06 chevy tahoe 5.3 wont take a tune

Post by Sl33p3r »

Bump. Please help yall made us spend money on a dealer flash that doesnt look like it was needed.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Yes, those tune options are correct... "Diablo Tune" is the 91/93 octane tune...

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Sl33p3r

Post by Sl33p3r »

06MonteSS wrote:Yes, those tune options are correct... "Diablo Tune" is the 91/93 octane tune...

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...

Radio, sub, led lights (headlights and tail lights/signals) the truck was originally a police package tahoe
mikel

Post by mikel »

pull the harness for the aftermarket radio, disconnect it from the vehicle harness then try the tune again please.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Sl33p3r

Post by Sl33p3r »

Everything done as directed still wont save backup
mikel

Post by mikel »

still the same error?

whats the part and version on the device under options/show information?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com