06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post questions about your Trinity in your GM diesel applications here.

Moderator: mikel

Mr.Ed

06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post by Mr.Ed »

I think the trinity is draining my batteries on 06 duramax. could this be the case? anyone else having problems like this?
mikel

RE: 06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post by mikel »

I have left a Trinity in our 06 LLY for weeks on end...never had an issue.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mater

RE: 06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post by mater »

i havent noticed it on my but i did just put it in 3 days ago
2006 gmc duramax crew cab 4x4
k&n cold air intake
straight pipe (stock with muffler and cat cut out)
diablo sport trinity

~~~BLACK SMOKE MAFIA~~~
gnorrad

Re: RE: 06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post by gnorrad »

mikel wrote:I have left a Trinity in our 06 LLY for weeks on end...never had an issue.
I have an 07 duramax and the first night the unit drained my batteries and caused an intermittent "Service tow brakes" trouble code. Battery power loss likely due to the screen not going to sleep. But since then I have had to boost my truck 4 times when the tow/economy is installed. No issues when I remove the tune though.
mikel

RE: Re: RE: 06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post by mikel »

Man, I have never heard of a battery issue from just the tunes being installed...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
jjc_003

Post by jjc_003 »

I've had my Trinity installed in 07' classic duramax for over 3 years and NEVER had it drain my batteries and I've left it installed and connected for weeks at a time w/out starting my truck.
shadowman

Post by shadowman »

I have an 08 3500 and installed the t-1000 and work fine went into sleep mode when the ignition was turned off. Ran the truck today and now no matter what it will not go into sleep mode
kingstonplowguy

trinity in 2003 GMC

Post by kingstonplowguy »

I have a 2003 duramax. If i leave my programmer plugged in for more then 1 day without starting completly drains my battery... is there something i did wrong in my set up??? also It wont give me an option for the diesel gauge package,,,, only comes up gm_gas... did we do something wrong?? msg kingstonplowguy@gmail.com
mikel

Re: trinity in 2003 GMC

Post by mikel »

kingstonplowguy wrote:I have a 2003 duramax. If i leave my programmer plugged in for more then 1 day without starting completly drains my battery... is there something i did wrong in my set up??? also It wont give me an option for the diesel gauge package,,,, only comes up gm_gas... did we do something wrong?? msg kingstonplowguy@gmail.com
go to options/change vehicle type, and select 03 Chevy 2500 6.6, and it should show the diesel layouts.

Also, try options/set sleep monitoring, and raise it to the max value, that should eliminate any battery drain issues.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Blueflames79

Re: 06 duramax - I think trinity is draining battery

Post by Blueflames79 »

Mine was doing same thing. I have 2003 GMC 2500hd LB7 and I have the newest update for diesel. If I leave it over night it will run the batteries down.

I did a amp draw test by unhooking both batteries then hooking meter between negative terminal and only one battery neg side.
"with Trinity unplugged" I got 1.8 amps for 30 seconds then it would drop down to .24 amps.
"with Trinity plugged in" I got 2.1 amps for 30 seconds then it would drop to 1.8 amps and stay there. Let it set for over an hour and still had a excessive drain.

I went in to programmer options and checked the sleep mode settings and they were right. when I turn truck off or plug battery back in it will stay on for 5 seconds then begin its shut down to sleep mode. But it seems to be keeping the ECM running.

I had this programmer on a 2007 Dodge Magnum with Hemi and didn't have any problems.

I can only guess that the programming in the tuner isn't working with the truck ECM. Need a new update or something.
2003 GMC 2500hd 4x4
6.6 Duramax
Allison 5 speed trans
Cold air intake with K&N
mikel

Post by mikel »

Blueflames79 wrote:Mine was doing same thing. I have 2003 GMC 2500hd LB7 and I have the newest update for diesel. If I leave it over night it will run the batteries down.

I did a amp draw test by unhooking both batteries then hooking meter between negative terminal and only one battery neg side.
"with Trinity unplugged" I got 1.8 amps for 30 seconds then it would drop down to .24 amps.
"with Trinity plugged in" I got 2.1 amps for 30 seconds then it would drop to 1.8 amps and stay there. Let it set for over an hour and still had a excessive drain.

I went in to programmer options and checked the sleep mode settings and they were right. when I turn truck off or plug battery back in it will stay on for 5 seconds then begin its shut down to sleep mode. But it seems to be keeping the ECM running.

I had this programmer on a 2007 Dodge Magnum with Hemi and didn't have any problems.

I can only guess that the programming in the tuner isn't working with the truck ECM. Need a new update or something.
did you try raising the sleep monitor setting?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Blueflames79

Post by Blueflames79 »

No, I didn't try raising the sleep setting. That doesn't make sense, the diablo tuner being plugged in is what is draining the batteries. The Diablo programming for some reason isn't letting the computer shut down. For now, I just put the $600 paper weight in the glove box. It has also corrupted my back up and now can't restore my truck!!
2003 GMC 2500hd 4x4
6.6 Duramax
Allison 5 speed trans
Cold air intake with K&N