DPF delete

Post questions about your Trinity in your GM diesel applications here.

Moderator: mikel

CANUCKPREDATOR

DPF delete

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

The DPF has got to go. Just bought a '09 Duramax and experienced my first filter burn. Was making 20+ mpg before and 14 mpg during. Can the DPF crap be progammed out via a custom tune? or any other suggestions?
Ill_Born_SS

Re: DPF delete

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

I don`t think Diablo/CMR can do much for you butt.... this works great, simply install prior to a tune, remove the unit then use your DS product like normal.

http://gearboxz.com/index.php?cPath=23& ... s1hatiqis5
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
mikel

Post by mikel »

getting tougher to find dpf delete stuff now....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Can a Trinity be stacked on top of another tune that deletes the DPF?
mikel

Post by mikel »

CANUCKPREDATOR wrote:Can a Trinity be stacked on top of another tune that deletes the DPF?
if you were to turn it off with another device, the trinity would ideally save that as the backup, and it would still be off after loading our tune.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

mikel

Post by mikel »

the dpf-r device was popular with alot of our customers a while back, it stacks well :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Thanks for the info. Will be making an investment shortly.
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Update: Received the DPF-R programmer, got a 4" down pipe back AFE exhaust with a muffler installed and an EGR block off. The programming is simple, just need a quiet place so you can hear the cheesy little speaker. The truck now has a nice DIESEL truck sound. At part throttle, you don't hear a different. At highway speed, there is a bit of drone, but very livable. At full throttle, wake up the neighbors :). It does stack with the Trinity, no problems there. So far the biggest mileage gains have been noticed around town. Seeing close to 5 mpg in stop and go city driving. On the highway, seeing 2-3 gain, although I haven't been on a longer trip yet (only 15 miles on highway)

So if you are wondering, GET RID OF THE DPF and enjoy what your Duramax can do and how it should sound.
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Further update: I had to do a trip where mileage was not a priority, speed was of the essence. Set the cruise a 90mph and the radar detector doing its job. 15 mpg on the nose, calculated, not computer. The trip home was at 65mph, 20.5 mpg calculated. This is with winter fuel yet.
mikel

Post by mikel »

not too shabby :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

I have now installed a AFE HD Momentum cold air intake. Hardest part of the installation was removing a stock grommet to install in the AFE box. The improvements are amazing. Cruising empty at 75mph, I'll see 21-22. Back it off the 65, I'll get 25 plus. I also tow a 24' trailer, at 75, 14-16, at 65, 18 easy.

These tunes are clean, no clouds of smoke to annoy people, lots of power for pulling, love 25 mpg out of 7000+ lbs brick on wheels.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sweet, glad you are enjoying it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
CANUCKPREDATOR

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Long Term Update: This setup seems to be getting better with time. I will see 16 mpg in city driving, on summer fuel. Highway driving, I will consistently see 27 mpg, on summer fuel, with the cruise set at 65 mph. At 70 mph, drops to 25.

Pulling the trailer, with the Polaris RZR on the back, it drops down to 16 mpg. Being a brick, pulling a barn, with a lead weight on the back, wind does effect that number quite a bit. Keeping the filter clean is important, mileage will drop and I have noticed more smoke from the pipe when the filter needs cleaning.
a58wcmcjrp

Post by a58wcmcjrp »

Ok so I have a t1000 trinity have used it on my gas truck for years and love it but it's time to switch to diesel so I have a few questions I'm looking at a 09 duramax 3500hd from what I can gather the trinity will work however due to my job and the purpose of switching to diesel I will be idling for days at a time with only moving a few feet so a def delete is a must here are my questions can I delete the def then add the trinity and it will work with the delete witch would be a good one to use dose the power puck help also how can I get a pyrimater or exhaust gas temperature to tie in to the trinity thank you