No Guage Displays

Post questions about your Trinity in your GM diesel applications here.

Moderator: mikel

Mattw98@aol.com

Re: No Guage Displays

Post by Mattw98@aol.com »

Well any luck, ive got a 2005 and a 2006 both with trinity's and im having the same issue with the 2005. There is no PID's for diesel application and i NEED gauges ASAP! :blowup: http://www.diablosport.com/forum/postin ... 40&t=44534#
:punisher:
mikel

Post by mikel »

Are we talking 05....6.0?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mattw98@aol.com

No we are talking a 2005 Chevrolet 2500hd w/ 6.6 LLY.
I also have a 2006 6.6 lbz with the trinity and EPP among a slough of other things and the set up works perfectly so I went ahead and bought another for my 2005 work truck for towing, fuel economy and most of all being able to monitor parameters when I'm towing my 16k pound trailers, but none of the diesel PID parameters are written into the tune to be able to set up any gauge pages. All of the parameters are for gas vehicles. I have Updated both trinity's and they both have the same issue. No diesel parameters! :crashing:
eahorner

Post by eahorner »

Having the same issue. :(
mikel

Post by mikel »

the params it shows are all good params, and the data is valid.
if you want to add to the layout or make a new one, you can edit the layouts in the logging menu and add to them anything you'd like :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mattw98@aol.com

Making layouts, gauges and changing parameters is not my problem on my first trinity i have pages and pages of layouts and data that i use along with my laptop for data logging. On my 2006 chevy 6.6 lly when changing parameters of gauges under groups it list diesel and synthesized and in these groups it list parameters such as actual rail pressure, desired rail pressure, injection timing, desired boost, actual boost, EGR spec, balance rate of each individual injector and so on there is quite a few more but you get the idea. The problem is when tuning the 2005 it doesn't list any of those sub groups under the parameters page to even be able to select and lay it out for display. I have gone through each and every parameter list and couldnt find any of those. It list only things that would most pertain to gas vehicles. One thing i did notice is when the tune loads up in the trinity it list it as also being the same tune name for multiple gas and diesel gm vehicles but still loads up the 65 85 and 100 tune. Its not my tuner because both of my trinity's do it and one is brand new just updated and one has not been done in quite a while.
Mattw98@aol.com

One other thing i did notice when on the 2006 chevy it has default gauge layouts for the duramax diesels. When you hook up to the 2005 chevy the only default layout it list is GM_GAS.
eahorner

Post by eahorner »

Well at least I'm not the only one thats crazy on this forum. I searched high and low for all of those Params with no luck fininding them. Then when I called in for technical support they just kept running me in circles like I'm the crazy. I'm about to just box up my trinity and return it. What good is it to me if I can't view the gauges? Not worth the price for just the tune.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Odd, I'll have to look into this, as I know the diesel PIDs were there previously.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mattw98@aol.com

Thanks mike let me know what you can find out. Would really like to resolve the issue after running for a year on my 2006, i do like the setup.
Mattw98@aol.com

hey mike, any luck resolving the issue? I am supposed to be taking a cross country trip with one of my 15k pound trailers next weekend and was hoping to be able to keep an eye on things. Let me know what can be done. thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

what if you select an LB7 model (01-04)? any change?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mattw98@aol.com

No there is no change in the Parameters list with either the LLY or the LB7 selected, it only shows gas params on both my trinity's, even with the newest update the other day. I even tried to use the 2006 lly setting since it shows the prams on my 2006 to see if it would pull up but it wont even communicate with the ECM when selecting anything 2006 or newer. The tune program it loads when selecting anything from 2005 and back is the GM J1850 it says for 99-07 gm cars and gas/diesel trucks and 2003 corvette and then goes on to list every GM gas car and truck from cadillacs to corvettes and trucks. Is this correct? Shouldn't there be a separate tune just for the diesels just like the 2006 loads up Gm can diesel? I've been racking my brain for days on end trying to figure this out with no luck. :punisher:
mikel

Post by mikel »

the early gas and diesels use the same method of communication, so its all the same application.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mattw98@aol.com

Ok so then what's the issue? Do the tuners need to come back?