Welcome to the inTune section of the forum!

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
selmahotrod

Re: Welcome to the inTune section of the forum!

Post by selmahotrod »

Thanks
2004 Dakota

Post by 2004 Dakota »

Gentlemen,

I have a question/suggestion:

Could you set up the "inTune Technical Discussion" forum the same way as the Trinity and the Predator forums with the individual sections? (Ford Gas, For Diesel, Dodge Gas, Dodge Diesel, GM Gas, GM Diesel)

Love the product (inTune) so far.
Silver 2004 Dakota Quad Cab, 5.7L Hemi, DiabloSport inTune, Volant CAI, 545RFE, AWD/4WD, 3.92 gears.
insaneracin2003

Post by insaneracin2003 »

I think I may have an issue or I am just being impatient.....I just got in my Diablo Sport for a 2010 Chevy Silverado with a 4.8. I plugged it into my pc and it started to download, then said prepairing and now the screen shows the "Intune" logo on top by the question mark. The dashed circle was spinning like it was thinking and now it is frozen, not spinning. fo r an hour now. Does it usually pause for so long with the initial set up??
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

unplug it.. wait a few seconds.. then reconnect it.. it should pick up where it left off...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
insaneracin2003

Post by insaneracin2003 »

06MonteSS wrote:unplug it.. wait a few seconds.. then reconnect it.. it should pick up where it left off...
Awesome thanks, I didn't want to unplug it in fear I would mess something up.
mattf301

Post by mattf301 »

It would be nice to explain all the individual parameters for my 2009 Silverado that the Intune can change and what the changes will do. a downloadable PDF would work.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

go to the inTune product page.. http://www.diablosport.com/products/intune.html

select your vehicle info from the drop down lists..

you'll get a new section that comes up.. .

go to Adjustable Parameters tab..

and you can click on each one for a description..

it's all right there.. ;-)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
thunderwolfx

Post by thunderwolfx »

hey there I just bought a 2015 sierra with a 5.3l, running cold air intake throttle body spacer dynomax cat back exhaust and have purchased an intune. the 87 octance tune and throttle booster totally turned this truck into a monster!!! now we have 91 octane here will that be fine for the diablo tune?? is the diablo tune that much better than the 87 tune? also I tried the firm shift and the hard shift and didn't notice a huge difference I actually thought the firm shift worked a little better. set the throttle booster at 15%, turned DOD off, and was wondering what the pros and cons are of turning torque management off. any ideas or recommendations on my set up??? any advice or ideas how I can set it up better would be appreciated
MDB
thunderwolfx

Post by thunderwolfx »

also are there any other things I can tweak or adjust for my set up without going to a full blown custom tune?? 2015 sierra all terrain crew cab 4x4, I'm in Saskatchewan Canada, and like I said 91 octane is available but not always close by
MDB
thunderwolfx

Post by thunderwolfx »

I pulled a check engine code today it said something to do with throttle position sensor, so I backed throttle boost from 15% down to 13% I'll try that any idea why it did this?
MDB
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

I would get rid of that throttle body spacer.. doesn't do anything for ya.. gains you nothing.. those are an old-school carburetor trick and does nothing for newer fuel injected vehicles... it can also mess up the air flow and make things worse... so get rid of that.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
thunderwolfx

Post by thunderwolfx »

So it felt way better with throttle at 15%, any reason why it pulled a code? Should I not run it that high then?
MDB
kingers911

Post by kingers911 »

I just received my in tune diablo tuner, I went thru the setup process for my 2008 chevy tahoe lt 5.3, it prompted me to choose a diablo tune or 87 octane tune, but when I go into modifications to the engine, I purchased this tuner because your sales rep informed me that u can turn off the afm,, but I can't find that option, I don't want to go any further with the tuning process without having that turned off first, that was the main reason I purchased this tuner , I had no help with the customer service by phone, I was prompted numerous times and ended up on hold for up to 30 minutes with no answer please help, call me at 8157913729
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

It's called DOD in the settings. GM originally called it Displacement On Demand, so that's why it's DOD in the tool settings.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Khris

Post by Khris »

Hi there I have a friend wanting to sell me his I tune 1000 that he bought roughly 6 months ago. He lost his reciet and never registered the unit with Diablo when he got it. Was wandering can I still log data and send it in to get custom tune done for my car. Thanks