Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Flipflopfarmer

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

Please forgive my ignorance here, I am all new to this so I hope my question is directed in the right spot . My i1000 is up to date according to my p/c, so I installed a 87 tune on my 2015 6.2l 4.30 4x4 Superduty farm truck and did adjust a couple parameters and have to say it performs unbelievable for a gasser. Wot power is freakish along with the gooseneck towing capacities. The only issue I still have and is very irritating is low rpm throttle response of this drive by wire. It still seems like 3-4 even 5 seconds before the engine responds to throttle and it stinks when you are trying to power thru mud moving across pasture at low speed especially with a big load on . Is there any way you can take a look at this issue and update? Or is this something im gonna have to live with? Other than that it performs awesome...... thanx
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

Flipflopfarmer wrote:Please forgive my ignorance here, I am all new to this so I hope my question is directed in the right spot . My i1000 is up to date according to my p/c, so I installed a 87 tune on my 2015 6.2l 4.30 4x4 Superduty farm truck and did adjust a couple parameters and have to say it performs unbelievable for a gasser. Wot power is freakish along with the gooseneck towing capacities. The only issue I still have and is very irritating is low rpm throttle response of this drive by wire. It still seems like 3-4 even 5 seconds before the engine responds to throttle and it stinks when you are trying to power thru mud moving across pasture at low speed especially with a big load on . Is there any way you can take a look at this issue and update? Or is this something im gonna have to live with? Other than that it performs awesome...... thanx

are you saying the performance tune has a bad lag in the throttle? or its always done it and the tune didnt help with that part?
Flipflopfarmer

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

It has always been slight hesitant and forums say it is a design in program ford does to slow the torgue output, I don't know, just seems worse now because it feels much snapper once throttle blade is opened up and I have a cold air and off road kit for little more power as well . But I rode in a new ford edge and mustang both v6 and it would spin tires and boogy instant you mash the throttle with this drive wire system, I was really hoping that the tune would cure this issue in my truck.
Flipflopfarmer

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

This is from a Ford forum I was reading:

The Ford 6.2L suffers from poor throttle response down low. In fact the factory programming has limits on the max throttle blade opening that PCM allows and is based on RPM range engine is operating in. Full throttle blade opening in factory programming is only allowed at 4500 RPMs. By correcting this issue and a few others; improvements will be much better throttle response, step on go pedal, vehicle will respond quicker...this DBW system is a torque driven system, it works by taking a certain amount of torque via engine and wheel and applies it to what the driver foot say it needs; a better way to explain it is its a torque limiter. It only allows so much torque at a given pedal position. Stock tables are conservative and numb at best and that's why one would feel some times a lag or a goofy pedal with DBW systems. For a 6.2L V8 this is one of the most critical areas that must be addressed and modified to generate more torque /hp and throttle response. By reworking the OEM strategies makes your 6.2L V8 come to life!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

can you plug in the tool and post up your last tune written? let me take a look at it
Flipflopfarmer

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

I am presently @ work and the vehicle is at home but I will tonight and post it later this evening thank you so much.....- Mike
Flipflopfarmer

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

Mr.Matt here is everything I found bare with me,if this is not what you want you will have to tell me what to do sir : 1. version=1ro4i 2. serial # CIGY53D1 3. firmware= ford tune db 1RO2B / pid 1Ro1B
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

not quite :)

plug the tool into your computer. wait for it to boot up. (takes awhile)

go to the in-tune folder and then click on "tunes" folder.

inside the tunes folder there will be a "last tune written" and an "orginal backup"

post both of them if you could please. :mrgreen:
Flipflopfarmer

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

I HAVE SPENT 3 HRS TRYING TO COPY IT....... ETC . IM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO DRAG IT OVER TO THIS PAGE....IM VERY FRUSTRATED. I ZIPPED,COPIED AND DOWNLOADED COPY AFTER COPY AND A WINDOW KEEPS POPING UP SAYING CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE. I HAVE BOTH THE FILES YOU WANTED [PCM_BRBT2A2 ] DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THEM TO YOU SORRY MR.MATT. I HAVE TRIED THE BOWSE BOX BELOW AND IT HAS A POP UP SAYING INTERNET EXPLORE HAS BLOCKED MY PC. IM CLUELESS,ANY IDEAS I WILL TRY TOMORROW NIGHT.THANX
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

Flipflopfarmer wrote:I HAVE SPENT 3 HRS TRYING TO COPY IT....... ETC . IM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO DRAG IT OVER TO THIS PAGE....IM VERY FRUSTRATED. I ZIPPED,COPIED AND DOWNLOADED COPY AFTER COPY AND A WINDOW KEEPS POPING UP SAYING CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE. I HAVE BOTH THE FILES YOU WANTED [PCM_BRBT2A2 ] DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THEM TO YOU SORRY MR.MATT. I HAVE TRIED THE BOWSE BOX BELOW AND IT HAS A POP UP SAYING INTERNET EXPLORE HAS BLOCKED MY PC. IM CLUELESS,ANY IDEAS I WILL TRY TOMORROW NIGHT.THANX

you can email them to me if you want. my email is matthewkesatie@holley.com

you can just attach them in an email and send to me if that is easier.

you can also call the tech line and one of our techs can walk you through it
Flipflopfarmer

Post by Flipflopfarmer »

Mr.Matt got it to go thru an e-mail to you........good hunting and cant wait to hear from you. thanx
EutectoidAndroid

Post by EutectoidAndroid »

Hello, I've posted a topic "Mustang Speedometer Correction - Please Help" and have not heard back since the first reply. I'm hoping this message will draw a response to my other thread, or that I can get an answer here!

I've had the intune since shortly after its initial release, and I've previously had good success with the tire revolutions per mile speedometer correction, but this feature seems to be no longer available. I have a BAMA tune which is off by a minor amount, however, using either (I've tried both separately) the tire sidewall size, or the tire height within the adjustable parameters menu results in speedometer output that is only about a third of my actual speed (per GPS).

I've got some screenshots in the other thread for reference. Would someone be able to help please? I've got a long road trip coming up shortly and would like to get the speedometer dialed in.
Blink123

Post by Blink123 »

Data logging for a 2013 f150 ecoboost is it available on the Intune I'm getting blanks
Jamestorug

Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11 up Ford

Post by Jamestorug »

I have my intune updated to the newest Version just purchased. When I attempt to load up the 93 octane tune be complete without a problem but then the vehicle does not start I looked through the DTCs and it tells me it has a problem communicating with the ECU I restore the original firmware to the vehicle and the vehicle drives and operates correctly Im not sure which way I should go with this now I did also see an error code for the throttle actuator this vehicle is drive by wire Im going to attempt the 91 octane tune and see if it makes any difference I can tell you I am installing the default parameters for the tunes no modifications made it to them thank you guys for your support