11-15 Ecoboost F150 support from Diablosport!

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
DiabloMatt

Re: 11-15 Ecoboost F150 support from Diablosport!

Post by DiabloMatt »

its more than likely a graphic error. if you clicked the 87 tune its going to load the 87 tune.
discodave

Post by discodave »

DiabloMatt wrote:its more than likely a graphic error. if you clicked the 87 tune its going to load the 87 tune.
Well that's good to hear. Is there a way to verify which tune is loaded into my truck? I remember using a different product in the past and when you hooked it up to the OBDII port it would tell you what was currently loaded. I just want to be sure I'm not running the 93 tune with 87 gas. That could cause some damage right?
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

discodave wrote:
DiabloMatt wrote:its more than likely a graphic error. if you clicked the 87 tune its going to load the 87 tune.
Well that's good to hear. Is there a way to verify which tune is loaded into my truck? I remember using a different product in the past and when you hooked it up to the OBDII port it would tell you what was currently loaded. I just want to be sure I'm not running the 93 tune with 87 gas. That could cause some damage right?

i replied to your other thread. :)
discodave

Post by discodave »

DiabloMatt wrote:
discodave wrote:

i replied to your other thread. :)
Replied on that thread. Much appreciated!
uldrickt92

Post by uldrickt92 »

What is the most updated firmware for 2014 F150 3.5L ecoboost? I am having an issue writing a tune to my truck, it gets to where your supposed to turn your key on, then it acts like its going to load but never buffers and the percentage never moves over 0%?
Silverback

Post by Silverback »

Recently purchased a 2014 lariat with the 3.5. Installed the Intune and ran great. Noticed all the improvements I had hoped for. I will say the fuel economy sucks on this truck but the tuner did help slightly. I do have the max tow package with 3:73 gears so I know that is part of it. With that said my post is related to the towing portion. I hav overtemped in every tune while towing a side by side (UTV) into the mountains. The tunes have ran pretty flawless so I didn't want to immediately blame the tune and reading the Internet forums there are plenty others having the same issue; some running tunes, some not. Pretty much all of them were at their max tow rating though. No one I have read about claimed to be running the Diablo. I know my issue is directly related to the tune because I had several goes at the same route with all of the same symptoms every time. The first trip I was on Eco mode already so I left it there but had issues. I switched to tow mode for the return trip with same problems. The next trip was tow mode as well. This last one was on 87 performance. THAT one fell flat on its face. I didn't even make it to a grade yet and the maintenance wrench popped up and I lost all power. I pulled over and retuned to tow mode. We were able to continue on with just our now standard issue overtemp problem which includes sections where semi's were passing me and I was not able to use AC. We even left extremely early this last trip to avoid the heat. Ambient temp was just over 80. First grade at 4 degrees it pegged it going 65. My trailer and cargo total roughly 2500 lbs which is a 1/4 of its tow rating. I have ran 91 octane since purchase. Oil and coolant checked every trip. The power was great, just over temped. I removed the tune for today's trip and not a problem, in fact since it handled the first grade with ease I put it on cruise control at 70 just to see. Not a single overtemp. Today's ambient was low 90's starting with about 102 out for the last big grade. Again I have the max tow package with the super cooling radiator. Do you have a fix for this? Can I return the tuner? I've only had it for a month so all of this info is fresh.
Silverback

Post by Silverback »

So I have had ever issue under the sun with this POS. You can see the lack of response to my previous post. I wouldn't even feel right selling this junk to someone on craigslist.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

Silverback wrote:Recently purchased a 2014 lariat with the 3.5. Installed the Intune and ran great. Noticed all the improvements I had hoped for. I will say the fuel economy sucks on this truck but the tuner did help slightly. I do have the max tow package with 3:73 gears so I know that is part of it. With that said my post is related to the towing portion. I hav overtemped in every tune while towing a side by side (UTV) into the mountains. The tunes have ran pretty flawless so I didn't want to immediately blame the tune and reading the Internet forums there are plenty others having the same issue; some running tunes, some not. Pretty much all of them were at their max tow rating though. No one I have read about claimed to be running the Diablo. I know my issue is directly related to the tune because I had several goes at the same route with all of the same symptoms every time. The first trip I was on Eco mode already so I left it there but had issues. I switched to tow mode for the return trip with same problems. The next trip was tow mode as well. This last one was on 87 performance. THAT one fell flat on its face. I didn't even make it to a grade yet and the maintenance wrench popped up and I lost all power. I pulled over and retuned to tow mode. We were able to continue on with just our now standard issue overtemp problem which includes sections where semi's were passing me and I was not able to use AC. We even left extremely early this last trip to avoid the heat. Ambient temp was just over 80. First grade at 4 degrees it pegged it going 65. My trailer and cargo total roughly 2500 lbs which is a 1/4 of its tow rating. I have ran 91 octane since purchase. Oil and coolant checked every trip. The power was great, just over temped. I removed the tune for today's trip and not a problem, in fact since it handled the first grade with ease I put it on cruise control at 70 just to see. Not a single overtemp. Today's ambient was low 90's starting with about 102 out for the last big grade. Again I have the max tow package with the super cooling radiator. Do you have a fix for this? Can I return the tuner? I've only had it for a month so all of this info is fresh.

sorry i missed this. i remember making a custom tune for this a few weeks ago that modified some fan settings. did you ever even up trying that? what you say its at over temp do you have a number that it is getting to so i have a reference? how high is it going on the temp gauge?
Silverback

Post by Silverback »

I do not have any messages or emails so I never received a custom tune. I have not ran the diablo sport since the dead pedal issue. I just got done with a trial run on an Sct tuner. I won't be towing the grade into the mountains anytime soon but even at that since I had the dead pedal issue and many others I don't know why I'd torture my truck with the problematic diablo tuner.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Silverback wrote:I do not have any messages or emails so I never received a custom tune. I have not ran the diablo sport since the dead pedal issue. I just got done with a trial run on an Sct tuner. I won't be towing the grade into the mountains anytime soon but even at that since I had the dead pedal issue and many others I don't know why I'd torture my truck with the problematic diablo tuner.
the dead pedal issue has been resolved for months now.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com