11-15 Ecoboost F150 support from Diablosport!

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
mikel

11-15 Ecoboost F150 support from Diablosport!

Post by mikel »

Now available on the inTune I-1000 and Trinity T-1000!

90rwhp/90ft-lbs on premium, 50 rwhp and 50 ft-lbs on 87 octane!

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
rwbolt

Re: 11-14 Ecoboost F150 support from Diablosport!

Post by rwbolt »

2013 F150 EcoBoost, 4x4, Platinum Screw. 9k miles. Other than the Diablosport InTune, 100% stock.

I ordered the InTune immediately after it became available for the F150 EcoBoost. To start off, I was completely new to tuning and terrified at the prospect of bricking my truck. I still have 91k miles on the warranty! Diablosport has been in this business for a long time, take their time developing, have great reviews and are well respected. In other words, they know what the hell they are doing. Those were all factors that helped me decide to purchase their product. I chose the InTune because I don't care about the other gadgets on the Trinity and don't want anything else in the truck that looks interesting to thieves. On to the tuning...

A firmware update was required. That went as expected and I now had the latest version. Being an IT professional helped with the PC side of the instructions. I can see those instructions being somewhat confusing to folks who are not as computer savvy. More on that later. Now it was time to tune the truck.

Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck during the entire process. I am about to hack into the brain of my $45k truck. The backup takes literally 1 hour. Bring a book because you DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRUCK during this process. At 45min, the truck wants to shut down the battery and you have to override the warning screen to prevent the shutdown. After the backup completes, the rest of the process goes quickly (5-10 minutes). The truck will make strange noises that will freak you out. Then the radio turns itself on at full volume. When you're already jumpy, this doesn't help. You have to turn off and back on (not starting) the truck ignition. Then, when all that was over, the moment of truth finally came. You are told the tuning was successful and to unplug the Intune tuner. Would I get a check engine light? Would it even start? I cranked the engine. Not a single problem. It sounded the same. I was expecting a rough idle, but there wasn't the slightest hiccup. Everything was perfectly fine. I immediately thanked God, turned off the traction control and went for a test drive.

Everyone knows the F150 EcoBoost factory “tune” is absolutely terrible. Tuning made that even more apparent. Honestly, the changes I noticed and appreciated the most are the better throttle response and transmission shifts. Before, tremendous lag existed in the throttle response; almost dangerous in my opinion. The transmission always felt like it was full of mud. Now, both are much more responsive and snappy. When you add throttle, as when you are merging onto the highway, it actually responds. Shifting is faster and crisper up and down, but does not jerk. Also, you can actually hear the factory blow-off valve after lifting off from full throttle. I don't recall ever hearing that before.

If you're wondering, I installed the 87-Octane tune. I can definitely feel the added HP and torque. I haven't done a 0-60 time, but I can tell it's noticeably quicker. Unless the novelty of the added power wears off, I’m not so sure I will see any increase in mpg. If I get an increase in mpg, that will be an added bonus. It's a truck, and gas mileage wasn't high on my priority list when I purchased it.

Diablosport, please create a more detailed "v2" of the InTune manual. If there is one area Diablosport needs help with, it's the Intune manuals. The "Quick Start Guide" is worthless. Save yourself the frustration, toss it right into the trash and print the user manual. The downloadable manual is better, but still skips details and tips throughout the process that would have been helpful and lessened the installation anxiety. Additionally, I'm sure there are plenty of great features your customers may not know even exist. Other than this critique, I am 100% pleased with the InTune product.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Great review, and thanks for the feedback, we'll look into redoing the quick start guide.

Let us know when you get a chance to try out that 93 tune!

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
RRM2013

Post by RRM2013 »

2013 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quick start guide is not really helpful, disappointed that a manual is not included :(
Installed the 91 octane tune today, so far so good - Noticeably better shifting and throttle response immediately when I step on it :wink:

Trying to get my larger tires dialed in so my speedo isn't off
Bluemoon

Post by Bluemoon »

Any news on a tune for the Taurus SHO?
A_Boswell

Post by A_Boswell »

I just loaded the tune for my 2014 F-150 Ecoboost. I have a couple of questions.

My first attempt to load the 87 octane tune failed. It reverted back to stock. When I attempted to load it again, it went through the 60 minutes of downloading my stock tune, is this normal? Every time I change tunes will it take an hour?

When I downloaded my stock tune to the device (plugged into my truck) it gave me 2 options, the 60 min download from the PCM or do it on the internet. The first attempt I chose download from the PCM (60 min) but then the load failed (see above).

The second time I clicked to update through the internet as I thought it would be faster but it didn’t give me any option to disconnect the device and , it went directly to the 60 min download from the PCM. It seems like it did the same thing no matter what option I chose.

Now I am afraid my stock tune is missing, how do I check that I can revert back to stock without going through an hour of waiting?

Thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

reading the stock tune from a PC (choose the download option) is much quicker than reading in the vehicle :)

Make sure to keep the door open if you are there for a while to keep the ignition from timing out.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Epiciron

Post by Epiciron »

Hey guys, having issues with my InTune due to a cat delete and a cold air intake. My tuner guy gave up after two tunes. Lean fuel codes popping up. 2096&2098. Anyone had any issues with their cat delete? Thanks, Prez. :blowup:
mikel

Post by mikel »

Epiciron wrote:Hey guys, having issues with my InTune due to a cat delete and a cold air intake. My tuner guy gave up after two tunes. Lean fuel codes popping up. 2096&2098. Anyone had any issues with their cat delete? Thanks, Prez. :blowup:
post the file.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Hi. I've had an issue running the 87 performance tune here recently. Several times when cruising on the highway and I have stomped on the gas to pass someone I've had the vehicle bog down and basically go no where. It just sits there kinda sputtering and unable to pick up speed. I have to coast for a bit then it all seems to smooth back out. This is only once in awhile but concerning. Truck is stock other than the tuner.

It's also winter up here in Calgary, Canada in case that may make a difference.

Any feedback?
Bbmf

Post by Bbmf »

Mike, on a 2013 f150 ecoboost do I need to change spark plugs to run the 93 octane
mikel

Post by mikel »

Bbmf wrote:Mike, on a 2013 f150 ecoboost do I need to change spark plugs to run the 93 octane
No, you should have the good plugs.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Jav

Post by Jav »

What about changing the gap. Is that necessary?

Also, is a 170° thermostat beneficial?
BigDeez

Post by BigDeez »

Always ran 93 in the truck but with the 90/90 the truck is a beast. No gap changes and everything stock. I take it easy and mileage is the same.
ecofunford

Post by ecofunford »

Can I change to the 93 octane tune without going back to stock tune as right now I am running the 87 tune.