Failure Initializing or Reading Parameter Error

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
samsmithjr

Failure Initializing or Reading Parameter Error

Post by samsmithjr »

2000 Silverado 1500, 5.3L, automatic, 2WD.

I just purchased an inTune i2 (serial number 14U7ZAXY16) to replace my Predator U7198. Prior to connecting the inTune, I restored my original (factory tune) backup using the Predator. Prior to use I successfully updated the inTune via my Windows laptop. It loaded the wifi feature with no issue.

Using the Easy Tune menu, I can select a tune and elect to change tire size, gear ratio, and the remove speed limiter but receive the error message "Failure Initializing or Reading Parameter Error". The inTune then proceeds to load the selected tune, in this case 87 octane but I am not given the option to change gear ratio, etc.

Using the Advanced Tune menu, I can change tire size but there is no option to change gear ratio.

I can data log just fine.

Switching back to the Predator I can access gear ratio and tire size without issue. So the Predator continues to work well.

Any idea what's up with the inTune?

Thanks,
Sam
Last edited by samsmithjr on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikel

Re: Failure Initializing or Reading Parameter Error

Post by mikel »

have you actually changed gears?
If so, please post the backup and last tune written files here and tell me the stock and new gear ratios and we;'ll correct it in a custom tune.
The easy tune speed limit bug is in the works.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
samsmithjr

Post by samsmithjr »

Mike:

Thanks for the quick response. Yes - the truck came with 3.73s and I'm currently running 4:11s. Who knows what it'll have in it next :wink: Since I couldn't access gear ratio via the inTune I restored the stock tune and went back to the Predator. The Predator is defiantly able to change the gear ratio and tire size.

Are you saying that for my application, gear ratio can only be changed via a custom tune using the inTune?

Thanks again,
Sam
mikel

Post by mikel »

at this time, yes, there is a bug keeping the axle ratio option from appearing as it should.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
samsmithjr

Post by samsmithjr »

mikel wrote:at this time, yes, there is a bug keeping the axle ratio option from appearing as it should.
OK. Since I have no intention of taking the vehicle back to stock calibration I can just use the Predator 87 octane with adjusted gear ratio and tire size as my original (backup) for the inTune. Any subsequent changes would retain those modified parameters; right? At this time I'd be happy to have the easier interface and more PIDs if that would work.

Is the issue with the gear ratio appearing with 09381344 OS used in the earlier 12200411 PCMs? If so do you have any known issues or bugs with the later 12212156 OS? I've been thinking about going to the later OS with an 02+ truck calibration. I've been chasing a false knock problem and it's been suggested that might help.

Thanks,

Sam
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. because the intune will detect that a diablosport tune is already installed in the vehicle, and the intune will not let you install a tune until the vehicle is back to stock first..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
samsmithjr

Post by samsmithjr »

Thanks for the clarification. I will say that the responsiveness to my questions via this forum has been great.

-Sam
ghartone

Post by ghartone »

Good morning,

I bought an intune2 a few days ago, ran the updates, I get the same error when using the Easy Tune menu, first question is do I want to install the gear ratio option, when I select yes, I receive the error message "Failure Initializing or Reading Parameter Error". I would think that the bug that's described would have been fixed 10 months later? My vehicle is a 2004 C5 Corvette, automatic transmission.
Is there a fix and if so, why wouldn't the fix be included with the updates?

Thank you.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Unfortunately it will need to be done through the advanced tune menu at this time.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, when selecting/installing tunes, even if you are not going to make any adjustments, you ALWAYS want to go through Tune Vehicle - Advanced Mode
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ewest84@yahoo.com

Post by ewest84@yahoo.com »

i'm getting this error on my 2015 GMC sierra. i previously had this programmer installed on the sierra. i was wanting to check out the throttle boost option after driving a friends truck and noticing his pedal was a lot more sensitive than mine. i went back to the factory tune, then updated the programmer and went to reinstall a tune. i can write the 87 octane tune and the hard shifts to the transmission, but i can't turn off the AFM/DOD or throttle boost options. now i get the "failure initializing or reading the parameter" error any time i try to access those settings. i have tried to re-update the programmer, but still no luck, it says it is up to date. i went back to factory and tried to reinstall a few times. still can't access those settings. i tried from the advanced tune and easy tune menus. tried installing the tune then modifying, still same error. tried modifying before writing, can't do it. this worked just fine every time i've re-written anything on this truck in the past.
Last edited by ewest84@yahoo.com on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewest84@yahoo.com

i was able to get hold of someone through the tech support line. they said this is a known bug and sent my intune i3 an update. however, it did not fix my issue. still can't change DoD/AFM or throttle boost options. still getting the "failure initializing or reading the parameter" error. device shows up to date when i tried to update again. tech support now has a recording saying they have too many callers and to call back at a later time....
mikel

Post by mikel »

I redid the update, please update and try again, should work now.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
ewest84@yahoo.com

got the update today. throttle boost made a pretty noticeable change in the engine performance. i like how the 2015 gmc sierra drives quite a bit better with the intune i3 vs stock. i run the 87 octane tune, hard shifts on the transmisssion, DoD/AFM turned off, and 10% increase on the throttle boost. in my opinion the way this truck drives stock seems like it would be a good fit for an escalade, tahoe, suburban, suv. too much of a luxury/comfort feel for a pickup though, in my opinion. with the tune the drivetrain seems much more solid and it drives like what i'm used to from a truck. with sensible driving i get about 1mpg better than factory as well.
mikel

Post by mikel »

glad to hear the fix worked and that you are enjoying the results!!
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com