SSR DTC when using horsepower tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
littlealgie7

SSR DTC when using horsepower tune

Post by littlealgie7 »

I have had my Predator for many years. I changed the tune to Horsepower & DTC on both Engine & ABS. 17 in all. I had this problem a couple years ago. I normally only use 87 octane tune. I drove my SSR to a Saturday Cruise in. The ABS started blinking & sounding. When I turned off ignition. The noise & lights went off. Then driving was ok. But first traffic signal I applied brakes. All the Lights & noise. I had to cut my cruising short to get the truck home. No warnings in my 30 minute drive home. I left her sit all day Sunday. I went out today & started checking everything. Ground for ABS, Vacuum leak at intake manifold, Fluid levels etc. Nothing different or obvious trouble. I took the Diablo Horsepower tune out. Restored Factory tune. I did not have any problem with the tool. I started SSR up & allowed to warm up. All was good. Took a shake down cruise of 40 miles. No problems. No Trouble lights. Only thing that did happen is Water temperature went past 210. Normal with Diablo tune is 165. So what is the problem? I spent money to be able to tune my Engine to meet my performance needs. Not doing that now. I heard that some tuners programs can fry a ECM? I am pleased with the 87 octane tune, but some times I need a bit more. My name is Todd A. Young. My SSR name is Kelly. You can reach us at toddalgieyoung@gmail.com.
mikel

Re: SSR DTC when using horsepower tune

Post by mikel »

if you hadnt just flashed the vehicle and these issues popped up, it had nothing to do with the tune, it would for sure be something up with the vehicle itself.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Lady in Red

Post by Lady in Red »

The problems are back. Had my 2004 SSR in for a transmission rebuild at Lay's Transmission September 2017. I went for a drive & the ABS, Engine check light & Convertible top message, Roof A Jar Trouble codes. Have no idea what is going on neither does Chevrolet service department. I replaced the Battery (7 years old) Cleaned up every ground on SSR. Especially the ABS ground & Battery ground. I never got to install the 87 octane tune till late in September. This past weekend I was out for a drive. All the trouble codes from earlier problems came back. I removed the Diablo tune & went back to Factory tune. No problems with Engine, ABS or Top ajar. What is going on that the engine code was for TOO Rich bank 2, ABS Motor failed or Top Ajar. My SSR has over 148,000 miles & is good to excellent shape. I have no idea what the problem is with tune from Diablosport. I have talked to other SSR owners over this summer. No problems with the factory tune on other 2003 to 2006 SSR's. None of those owners has problems like mine except for one 04 SSR. The young lady has a 04 SSR. She is experiencing the ABS trouble & can't get it repaired due to parts availability in South Carolina. Please help me. I can't go cruising on Hot Humid days in my SSR with out the Preditor tune. The cooling fans come on much sooner & keep the engine temp below 165 degrees. I just think it is weird that according to GM service department. The tune programs from any company will destroy Catalytic Converters by running engine too rich. My Catalytic converters were replaced 2 years ago. They were completely burned up. Plus they said the programs from aftermarket are dangerous to engines & could expect a failure or completely blow a engine?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

not sure what the issue/problem is with your particular vehicle is either, but I CAN tell you that the preset canned tunes do not change/adjust fueling at all.. so the tune is definitely not making you rich.. there are no fueling changes made in the tunes..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Lady in Red

Post by Lady in Red »

Not sure what my problem is? Re read my post. When ever I install the Predator horse power or 87 octane tune. I have problems with ABS codes, Engine codes & Convertible top shows up as a message. Never saw any problems before buying & installing the Diabosport tuning systems. I like the fact that the tunes change the cooling fans coming on sooner. Never goes past 200 degrees in traffic. I just asked for some help. I see in form that others have problems too. With the 5.3 engine & the Trailblazer chassis. Maybe a Alien is abducting me or my SSR? Just imagining the loud screaming of code messages? The flashing lights on my dash board? I just love it when a Service facility or a company tells the consumer that all is fine? How about when I blow the engine or crash because of your inability to understand that I am having a problem & reported it to you. Then you say it is Me or my SSR? :normal:
mikel

Post by mikel »

He was saying that he doesn't personally know what the issues are with your vehicle/whats causing them.

The tune wont cause those issues. The fact that you got different codes with the stock tune points to an issue with the vehicle.
\The codes for the top make me think the body control module is the culprit here.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com