I-1000, 5.7 hemi, cam swap, custom tune needed?

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Compfreak

I-1000, 5.7 hemi, cam swap, custom tune needed?

Post by Compfreak »

Hello! I am a proud owner of a 2009 Jeep GC Overland with a 5.7L Hemi - K&N CAI, Borla Cat-back Exhaust, and running a Diablo 91 Octane Tune with my I-1000!

I recently ended up having some trouble with a misfire on my #8 cylinder, and after tearing the head apart, found I have a bad lifter that has caused damage to the camshaft. The OEM lifter replacements are already ordered, but as for the camshaft: Instead of just replacing with an OEM part, I've decided I want to upgrade it (adding about 75hp) with a COMP Cams 201-424-17 camshaft (as well as new springs to accommodate the increased lift, and larger exhaust headers from an 09 Jeep SRT model).

My question to you is: Will the Diablo 91 octane canned tune i have installed (or any of the pre-loaded tunes on my I-1000 for that matter), work with the different camshaft or will I need a custom tune? If a custom tune will be necessary, how much will it cost me / how do I request one?
06MonteSS

Re: I-1000, 5.7 hemi, cam swap, custom tune needed?

Post by 06MonteSS »

you'll need a custom tune.. you'll need to locate/contact a diablosport CMR custom tuner/dealer using the dealer locator on the site.. diablosport does not do custom tuning..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Compfreak

Re: I-1000, 5.7 hemi, cam swap, custom tune needed?

Post by Compfreak »

Thank you for the speedy reply!