Need to order products?

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

mikel

Need to order products?

Post by mikel »

Please feel free to give us a call, and our sales team will gladly assist you.

Whether you need a tuner, or accessories, or just have a question abut our tuning products, 561-908-0040 will get you what you need :)

Don't forget we have exhaust kits and Cold Air Intakes for many popular applications as well!

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
RubiNoVa

Jeep recall reflashed ECM; Can't drive Jeep now!

Post by RubiNoVa »

Mike,

I have a Predator tuner with my Ripp Supercharger which has been installed on my 2010 JKUR for a few years. I love the setup.

However, yesterday I took my JK to the dealership for a passenger-side airbag recall issue. They didn't think to ask if I had a SC and I didn't think to tell them (hindsight....). Next thing you know they've re-flashed my ECM (using the right terminology?) and now the Predator won't recognize my vehicle. I cannot drive my everyday driver until the tune is back because of potential damage to the engine and/or SC.

I spent a combined 90 minutes on the phone with two different Diablo reps today... while at the dealership for five hours. My jeep is still at the dealership (I live 35 miles away!) and it seems nobody can figure out how to fix this.

My case number is 349248. Please help me out, you guys have my number.
RubiNoVa

Problem resolved. Then another set of issues. Now all's well

Post by RubiNoVa »

RubiNoVa wrote:Mike,

I have a Predator tuner with my Ripp Supercharger which has been installed on my 2010 JKUR for a few years. I love the setup.

However, yesterday I took my JK to the dealership for a passenger-side airbag recall issue. They didn't think to ask if I had a SC and I didn't think to tell them (hindsight....). Next thing you know they've re-flashed my ECM (using the right terminology?) and now the Predator won't recognize my vehicle. I cannot drive my everyday driver until the tune is back because of potential damage to the engine and/or SC.

I spent a combined 90 minutes on the phone with two different Diablo reps today... while at the dealership for five hours. My jeep is still at the dealership (I live 35 miles away!) and it seems nobody can figure out how to fix this.

For any of you that read these posts I'd like to close the loop on this issue. Problems resolved thanks to the support I got at Diablo and Ripp. Thanks guys!

The longer story is, it wasn't easy. I wasn't able to use my Mac to upload the Ripp Supercharger tune onto the Diablo I3. I had to use the Jeep dealership's IBM (Windows) computer to upload the program. That was a pain but it got the job done. I then uploaded the Ripp tune and was able to drive the Jeep home. The Jeep ran as well, but not better, than it did on my Predator tune (I didn't expect much difference, if any).

Once home I tried to adjust the 91 Octane tune down to the lower octane using the Easy Tune feature. While I was at that I put in my tire size according to the sidewall and took off the speed limiter. That's when things went wrong! The speedometer was way off (it read 20 mph when I was actually going 45 mph... according to GPS), the engine light was on, a few other lights were on and the engine would rev up then down, up then down....

I tried to re-calibrate the speedometer several times and it didn't work. I tried to change the Octane tune, tire size, etc. back to normal but that didn't work. I finally called Ken at Diablo and we reset the tune back to stock, then installed the Ripp tune. Now all the lights on the dash were off except for the TPMS light. We measured the tire from road to top of the tire (34") and adjusted the tire size in Easy tune. Now, it appears, the speedometer is working properly. Time will tell the tale!

So, all's well that ends well. Thanks Ken for the patience and great support!
Gyrene

Re: Need to order products?

Post by Gyrene »

RubiNoVa:
Based on your user name, I assume you are in NoVA like I am. I had a similar experience at a "local" Jeep dealership (who shall remain unnamed but located in Leesburg). They flashed the PCM in my supercharged 2010 JK during an airbag recall and couldn't re-tune it. After 10 days of trying they said it was my fault for not disclosing the SC and, not able to resolve the issue (and refusing to call Diablo Sport), simply towed my Jeep to my house and left it there. I'm now working with Diablo's superb tech support people myself to get it revolved.
Drebuilders

Post by Drebuilders »

Any special instructions for unlocking 2015+ pcms?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Drebuilders wrote:Any special instructions for unlocking 2015+ pcms?
https://www.diablosport.com/pcm-modify- ... -computer/
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
fiyascoricardo

Re: Jeep recall reflashed ECM; Can't drive Jeep now!

Post by fiyascoricardo »

RubiNoVa wrote:Mike,

However, yesterday I took my JK to the dealership for a passenger-side airbag recall issue. They didn't think to ask if I had a SC and I didn't think to tell them (hindsight....). Next thing you know they've re-flashed my ECM (using the right terminology?) and now the Predator won't recognize my vehicle. I cannot drive my everyday driver until the tune is back because of potential damage to the engine and/or SC auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver.

tried to adjust the 91 Octane tune down to the lower octane using the Easy Tune feature. While I was at that I put in my tire size according to the sidewall and took off the speed limiter. That's when things went wrong! The speedometer was way off
fwreed3

Post by fwreed3 »

Hello,
I am new to turners so I need something on the simpler side I can figure out. I have been doing my research but there is so much information out there, I am not really sure what to do. I have:

2014 Dodge Challenger Shaker 5.7 automatic with exhaust, everything else is stock and I run regular gas.

Upgrades I’d like to do: Tuner and larger throttle body.

What Tuner would you recommend and would I need to change what grade gas I use? Thanks! :D
IMG_1159.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 118649 times
nemiro

Post by nemiro »

Are you guys open to take a sales call? I tried calling a couple of times today, and sat on hold for very long periods of time, no one picked up in Diablo sales. Want to place one order, and inquire for another.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Do you not have an account Neil?

I know the tech sales lines have been busy this week.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
nemiro

Post by nemiro »

Can I message you, Mike?
mikel