TCM tuning problem 08 GMC Yukon

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
zsneed

TCM tuning problem 08 GMC Yukon

Post by zsneed »

I got my Intune i-1000 all updated and went to put a tune on my 08 Yukon Denali and it downloaded the original PCM and TCM backup files, but as soon as it got down with the TCM backup file. I got an error message saying "TCM has been tuned before by a Diablosport product. Please email the TCM backup file to support". The has been tuned before with my Diablo Trinity but i pulled it off and reloaded the original tune back on the car when i pulled it off the vehicle.

What do i need to do next to get this fixed?
Attachments
TCM_24244575_BackupDiabloTune.grg
(40.11 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
06MonteSS

Re: TCM tuning problem 08 GMC Yukon

Post by 06MonteSS »

from what I have noticed over the 10+ years of doing tunes for GM's with this platform, when you do the restore original backup process, it only actually restores the ECM/engine original backup stock tune file - it does NOT restore the transmission/TCM original backup stock tune file... so yeah, you're stuck bud...

you need to have tech support try to get that back to stock for you, or you need to take it to your dealer to get your TCM/tranny module updated to the latest GM TCM/tranny programming update first...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
zsneed

Post by zsneed »

Youre saying get the programmer back to stock? Cause it doesn't give me an option to do that on the programmer.

thanks for your help
mikel

Post by mikel »

No, just load this to the tuner and let it import then load it to the vehicle to set the tcm back to stock, then you may retune.
Attachments
CTRL_24244575_UPDATE_1GKFK63808J252172.grg
(35.17 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
zsneed

Post by zsneed »

mikel wrote:No, just load this to the tuner and let it import then load it to the vehicle to set the tcm back to stock, then you may retune.
Thank you for the update! Does the update run through the "Update Agent"? I downloaded the update and copied and pasted it to my Intune and I get the message " Please leave the intune connected to the PC. The intune will reboot and attempt to reload the file". After it reboots I try it on my Yukon and it still wont let me go through with the tuning.