2cd to 3rd delay after tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
meziked

2cd to 3rd delay after tune

Post by meziked »

Hey all,
After searching for a few days and not finding what I need, I thought I'd come out of the shadows and ask. I have a 04 GTO and the DS-I1000. 93 oct. tune.
The first to second shift improved greatly but now there is a 2 to 3 second lag when up-shifting from 2cd to 3rd. This is in any RPM and it will actually bounce off the rev-limiter at WOT waiting to shift.
It seems whatever the setting is that's causing the delay lives in both the part throttle and WOT tables (or they are both set to the same value).
I'm running the latest and greatest GM software tune updates and did not adjust line pressure or shift timing beyond what comes in the pre-configured tune.
This has become an issue after the tune install and goes away when I restore the factory tune.

Car specs.
2004 GTO, Sort of stock 5.7 LS1 (bottom end is stock...the rest...not so much), 4l60e tranny with a stand alone cooler.

What I would really love is a manual that actually explains what the tune adjustments are, how they are applied to the current tune (with the +/- type selections).
I see a lot of "shift" related settings. My guess is what I am looking for would be in one of those options or a combination of a few of them.

Any help pulling the delay out of 2cd to 3rd.
mikel

Re: 2cd to 3rd delay after tune

Post by mikel »

do you have the same delay with the stock tune?
I remember having a bad slip like that in my Z28 and it was simply because the 4L60E was done and needed to be rebuilt.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
meziked

Re: 2cd to 3rd delay after tune

Post by meziked »

Mike, no, when the factory tune is restored shifting returns to "normal".
At this point I think I have it tuned out for the most part, 2cd to 3rd still lags but not the 2 to 3 seconds it was before and not long enough to hit the rev limiter.
It didn't slip, I think we have all been down that road and this isn't that. It never stops pulling hard, it just takes its sweet time to shift.
I decreased the 2 to 3 shift time and increased the line pressure, its not as bad, but still nowhere near the instant shift from 1 to 2.
The speed settings are next on my list to "play" with when I get a minute to do so.

What I would be really interested in would be a setting(s) that would hold any gear at any speed and any rpm (like a manual valve body).
I'm probably not the first a-hole that has wanted to do that, so I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on it. I'll look around.

If you know of "how to" off the top or that its flat out impossible, please let me know. In the meantime I'll search the board.

Thanks for the reply Mike!